A&P Which DSLR would you go for??

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by rallysport, Sep 23, 2007.

1. rallysport

rallysport New Member

I'm starting to take up photography as a semi serious amateur. Right now i have a Canon S3 IS which i love, but i want the features, control and quality of a SLR.
    With that said, i'm debating between a Canon Rebel XTI and a Nikon D40X
    I know some people are homers and only go with one specific brand, but i don't care. I just want whichever camera will achieve better results.
    Here is the Nikon D40X
    http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-D40X-10...2764&sr=8-6

And here is the Rebel XTI
    http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Digital...2966&sr=1-2

So which would you go with? What will have the better lenses available? I heard something about Nikons lenses not always having autofocus or something like that?
    Or if there is a better SLR out there for my price range (upto 700) Please let me know

2. anthem404

anthem404 not my cup of mud

Links don't work,

though, I would say go with whichever you think feel better in your hands. Go to your local camera store and hold them with some lenses you think you might use. Really, they are both quite comparable, though I would choose the XTI, but only because I have a strong hatred towards the d40/x.

Nikon lenses have autofocus if it say AF on the lens. Basically, every lens that works on the d40x will be AF, no one wants a digital slr with a manual focus lens unless the lens just kicks major ass.

Also, I would say in the long long run (as in the high end gear level), canon has the better lens and body selection when you get to the top level stuff.

But yeah, you just got to hold them cameras to see which you like.

3. rallysport

rallysport New Member

Thank you for the tips, I appreciate it a lot!