Which digital camera should I get?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by PoopNugget, Feb 16, 2003.

1. PoopNugget

PoopNugget Guest

first, i am not buying a digital for its photo production quality. I am looking for a smaller, convient dig cam that produce decent pics. So far, i have set my eyes on these 3 camera.

Which camera below do you think i will get the most for my money? Or you have any other in mind, plz feel free to comment.
    I am looking to spend around $500 CDN.

Also, r editor's choice, user's reveiw, and value watch accurate on CENT? are they honesty to the consumers who want to buy products there? or is it just a way advertisting for big companies?

and, how is Canon's reputation in dig cam? I am surpried that Canon cams got more good reviews then traditional camera companies like fugifil and nokia.

do you guys suggest that i should order dig cam on line? Would it be cheaper? btw i live in Canada

feel free to comment anything! thanx you!

Canon PowerShot S30
    [​IMG]
    http://electronics.cnet.com/electro...tag=st.sh.8920578-311-7738969.dir.productinfo

Sony Cyber Shot DSC-U10
    [​IMG]
    http://electronics.cnet.com/electronics/0-6613935-1304-20166002.html?tag=pdtl-list

Canon PowerShot S230

http://electronics.cnet.com/electronics/0-6613935-1304-20431966.html?tag=pdtl-list[​IMG]

2. jedimasterELMO

jedimasterELMO Beer, boards, and Android

The Canon S230 and S30 are pretty much the same in features except for the fact that the S30 has more manual control than the S230. I just recently bought the S230 and I love it so far (3.2mp in a slim, compact body--can't go wrong). Also, I've read somewhere in a few forums that the S230 has trouble with focusing in lowlight conditions and red eye reduction works only a few times. I haven't experienced any of these yet.

As for the Sony DSC-U10, I don't have any comments on the camera or Sony digicams in general.

But all in all, you should goto your local Best Buy/Circuit City and check out the products yourself. Good luck :)

3. Marcos

Marcos OT Supporter

Canon A40, although a little big when compared to those, when you finally get into creative photography you can let loose on the manual controls

4. Marcos

Marcos OT Supporter

Also, the sony doesnt have any optical zoom, which is a pain

5. Azn Bed Rocka

Azn Bed Rocka made from SCRATCH

I got the Canon S230 and its a great camera. Nice sturdy body and good quality pics.

6. Sworthy

Sworthy was she drunk? no, she's just stupid

second :bigthumb:

7. CXHatchback

CXHatchback Guest

I've got a 2 week old S230 for sale if you're interested. I've got everything it came with in original packaging. $375USD shipped

8. Marcos

Marcos OT Supporter

For some reason i dont like really small cameras, about sony size is minimum for me.

Ive messed with one of those Ixus size ones, they are fiddly if you have bigger hands, i guess i just like proper stuff.