GUN Which C-More should I get?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Market Garden, Jul 24, 2008.

1. I'm pretty much ready to pull the trigger on a Ruger 22/45. It's going to be used just for plinking and having fun. I'm thinking of getting something like a C-More sight for it, again, just for plinking. The question is, is the Railway with the click switch worth the extra $50? C-More says its lowest setting is 50% lower than the standard switch model and it's better for indoor use. I spend most of my time shooting outside, so I'm not too concerned with that, but it's still something to consider. So far Midway seems to have the best price at 209 for the standard and 259 for the click style.

2. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I have no idea but here's a picture of one from a speed steel match earlier this year.
    [​IMG]

3. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Active Member

Trijicon Docter looks like it would be lighter.

4. Yeah, but it's about twice the price. :hs:

5. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Active Member

Oh. Sorry. Hadn't looked at price. :mamoru:

6. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I run a non click switch on my AR, don't have a problem with it. If I were shooting a gun with more recoil I would want a click switch because the recoil will move a non click switch knob. On a 22 pistol I think it will be fine.

I like the 6 moa dot.

7. Thanks. In that case, I'll get the standard style and save $50. :)

8. hsracer201

hsracer201 New Member

it's only $50. i would get the style with the click switch, just in case. :)

9. AB13

AB13 New Member

I did some research on to click or not to click from my USPSA shooting buddies, aka field/hands on. I got to play with both and with speaking with them as well as JPL, my gunsmith, I went with the Non Click for my 9mm Major Open pistol.

The local guys here had some issues with the switch on the click falling off. Not that the non click didn't have some quirks, like dimming during a stage. And some of the guys that have both have said there is no performance difference. The advantage with the click is that once you have your settings, you can keep going to it. The disadvantage is, sometimes the setting you need, is in between indents with the click.

In the end, I decided it wasn't worth the extra $50. I went with a Cmore Serendipity from ShootersConnection. Midway is sold out last time I checked and they only had it for the .7 frames, I needed one for .830 SVI frames.

I have only shot a few hundred rounds thus far, I'll really put it through its paces next season. I'll bring it with me on our next match to let you fool around with so you can get some hands on with it before you buy.

[​IMG]

Hey MG, we have a USPSA match at Renton this Sunday, I think you are ready to step over to the dark side, what say you? If you want to run in L10, I've got a race holster and some 10 round wilson mags if you wanna run em! Matter of fact, I'm looking ot sell my race holster for my 1911.

Let me know!

10. Yeah, if you could bring it to the next match that would be sweet. I'll probably go buy the gun today or tomorrow, I'm still deciding on which 22/45 I want. I'll hold off on buying the C-More for now if I can get a chance to see yours. I might be going to the cabin this weekend, if not I'm definately interested in the USPSA match. What was it that you were saying about the safety check that I had to do before my first match?

11. AB13

AB13 New Member

If you are interested, I'll talk to the match director and coordinator to get you a safety check. I'm going to the club on Saturday to do set up and engineer some stages for Sundays match. I can see if he would do a safety check after the set up for you. Let me know as soon as you can and I'll get in touch with him.

12. Yeah, I'll do it! :) That would be cool to do it on Sat too, that way I could get a feel for how it all works before embarrassing myself on Sunday. What's the difference between Limited 10 and Single Stack other than the 10 round mags?

13. AB13

AB13 New Member

In Single stack, you basically have to run the holster and mag positions like in IDPA, behind hte hip bone. and you are restricted to 8 rounds for "Major" and 10 rounds for "minor". The gun also has to fit inside the "uspsa" box. Basically it's fixed dimensions.

I'm shooting Single STack Minor on Sunday.

In L10, you get to run a race holster ANYWHERE you want, which means you can run it forward and get a really fast grip. You can also put your mag pouches anywhere you want. I usually put the first mag pouch in front, rite under my belly button. Speedy mag changes.

Let me get in contact with the coordinator and let you know. Same deal, match is on Sunday, sign up at 9am, start shooting at 10am.

14. Sounds good. Do you figure that I'd be ok starting off in L10? I'd figure Single Stack to be the more "beginner friendly" (for lack of a better term) division due to the more restrictive rules.

15. AB13

AB13 New Member

My first match I shot a stock Glock 17 in Limited minor. Outside of holster gear, it's all the same when the timer goes off.

Unlike IDPA, you are going to go through a LOT of magazines at a time, lots of reloads and it's much more faster paced and lots of running and gunning.

Single stack is actually a lot harder, especially for a new shooter to shoot a USPSA match. I do it to abuse myself.

16. In that case, I'll stick to L10! :noes: I love the idea of more running and gunning, the USPSA vids you have always seem like more fun with the simulated entries and all.

17. AB13

AB13 New Member

Here's how I would explain the two...

IDPA, is that chick you take home to your parents. She's wholesome, won't kiss on the first date, and is a book worm.

USPSA, is that chick you sneak into your bedroom. She's wild, WILL kiss on the first date and then some.

:)

It will make you a better IDPA shooter, and shooter overall. This is when you really get into "gear" both holster and gun gear. This is when it gets really fun.

The only rules are all basic safety rules, otherwise shoot em as fast as you see em. The 180 rule is something a lot of people get hit with. In IDPA it's almost impossible to get DQ'd, in USPSA, there are only two people, those that have DQ'd, and those that WILL DQ.

18. I like the wild chick!

19. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

IDPA is the chick that won't put out for Yar. Every time Yar gets going real fast the chick says "No, get behind cover, no reloading on the move, slow down, procedural procedural." Then yar says bitch I paid my entry fee and I didn't even get to shoot 90 rounds. You frigid cunt.

IPSC is the hot sexy cheerleader bitch with a really bad reputation. She basicly throws herself at Yar and Yar likes that. Go as fast as you can 150+ rounds required, the panties drop right at the start of the buzzer.

3 Gun is when 3 bitches gang up on you and do a reverse gang bang. Everywhere you look it's tits and ass and they pretty much beat you up. Just when you think you got one bitch handled the other two want some too. It's not easy being a player.

So as you can see with so many options why would you fuck with the weak sauce.

20. AB13

AB13 New Member

Well then, come on into the Champagne room. :):eek3:

21. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

22. AB13

AB13 New Member

Hey MG,

I just confirmed with Matt (you shot with him in IDPA last month) who is the MD for USPSA in Renton. And you're good to go!

Show up on Saturday and you can help me set up (you also get a preview of the COF's and get to air gun the stages) and bring your gun, gear and 100 rounds. PM me your email, and I'll send you some safety check documentation for new shooters.

WELCOME TO THE DARKSIDE :evil laugh:

23. Sweet! Thanks! PM Sent. What time should I be there on Sat?

24. AB13

AB13 New Member

Well, I'll be there around 2pm and will probably build 2-3 COF's. I'm also going to sight in my gun and do a little shooting afterwards.

Theres going to be a quite a few people there that will be cleaning up for the state Championships starting at 9am. You're welcome to come anytime around that time. I think Matt will be there early. I'll ask him what time he wants you there.