GUN Which AK? related to my "buy my m4" thread

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Dsking85, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

someone just said he'd trade me one of his AKs for my AR upper without the bolt. he has 3, and said i could choose one. which one should i choose if i go through w/ this deal?

-Bulgarian slr-15
    -Romanian sar-1
    -Egyptian maadi arm

dunno if i'm gonna go through w/ the deal, but which would you choose if you had the choice?

2. 993kgt

993kgt building an airplane whee

bulgarian

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Bulgarian its what I'de definently go for, the Maadi's ok, the SAR1 is a fine beater but there only $300.. Maadi is worth 4 n change, the SLR's are going for $600+ I believe, I believe you meant SLR105, theirs no 15 I'm aware of

4. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

yea, must have been. i liked that one the most too b/c of the plastic furniture and the thumbhole stock. looks a lot cleaner.

5. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thumbhole stock? Might be an SLR95 then, I had one of those great rifle I was stupid to sell it. The bulgarian builds are probably the nicest available since before the import bans, great fit and finish, milled reciever. IMO its well worth the trade for the upper and b/c/ch

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just reread your first post thought it said with b/c/ch first time i read, for just the upper I'de grab it.

7. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

Don't get the butthole stock :squint:

The SAR 1 is worth more than just $300 also. I am seeing them go for $400 or so now that they are no longer imported. If it's stock I wouldn't do the trade but it might be a nice deal if the SAR has some decent KVAR furniture on it or something.

8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thumbhole or not Bulgarian is worth more then the Romanian rifles, and it can be easily replaced. Of all thumbhole stocks the SLR's is only one close to being comfortable. Bulgarian fit and finish > Romanian slapped together shit. SAR's are known to sometimes have trigger slap and canted sights, take it from as someone who's owned an SLR, and currently owns an SAR1 & 2, the romanian would be my last choice out of the 3. Go check out the EE on arfcom I doubt you'll see a used bulgarian rifle going for any lesss then $475ish

9. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

How old is the MAADI? If it's an OLDER one, they're some of the top AK's ever built, and as close to a Russian one as you'll usually find. Newer ones, which are more common, are yucky. Try to find out without letting the dude know which is which. Just ask him how old it is. Do some research on the MAADI's, and find out when that switch was in quality.

I'll take a bulgy AK over a Romanian AK, but that's just me.

10. JAFAR

JAFAR FPS whore OT Supporter

Definitely the Bulgarian

11. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

He said Maadi ARM those are early 90's imports, still not a bad rifle and quality wise perhaps a notch above romanian, your thinking of the Steyr Maadi's they were brought in early/mid 80's built on soviet equipment sold to Egypt.. The AK's in the movie Red Dawn are all Steyr's

12. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

ok, not gonna get the AK. i have no use for one.

13. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

Ans you have use for every one of your other guns?

14. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

no, but if i don't have a use for them, i at least like them. i don't like AKs, and i have no use for one, so i really gain nothing.

15. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

i love my sar-1 :dunno:

16. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

i figured out it's just not my kind of shooting style. that's why i'm selling my M4 upper, b/c it's not my kinda style. i shot a friend's M4gery at the range last weekend, and halfway through the mag, i got bored of it. i literally did not want to shoot it anymore. but then i went and burnt 250 rounds through my RRA 24" varminter, and had a blast, and only stopped b/c i ran outta ammo. I like having each and every bullet go exactly where i want it to. I like controlling it, and knowing precisely where it's gonna go every time. that's why i'm selling this upper, and an AK is definitely worse than the M4, so i know i wouldn't like it.