Which 17" LCD monitor with TV should I buy with daddy's money?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Jerboy, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Jerboy

Jerboy Guest

I've been in the market for 17" flat panel monitor for some time, but I've always been overwhelmed with the massive amount of selection that I just lived along with my almost a decade old CRT.

Now the CRT is almost dying, I'm ready to buy a new LCD monitor with daddy's money.

I realize they're now making hybrid monitor/TV version and that's what I want...

Preferebly not generic...
    standad 3:4 computer aspect ratio
    DVI input would be a big plus
    Composite input for DVD player is a plus...
    remote is a must

Suggestions appreciated....

2. Jerboy

Jerboy Guest

3. 3l_Chupacabra

3l_Chupacabra New Member

Can't you just search for that on websites on your own? I mean this isn't really a question, you're not asking for any information just asking everyone to look for the best one for you.

4. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

why 4x3 and not 16x9? The samsung 710mp is the only one that I know of that is 4x3. Sharp has an awesome 16x9, so does samsung, the 173mw.
    Looking at the specs of the 173mw, it has all the inputs you want.

5. Jerboy

Jerboy Guest

How would 16x9 work for computer use? All the popular computer resolutions are in 4 x 3 (1024 x 768, 1280 x 1024, etc)

3l_Chupacabra, STFU n00b. I've been looking around at different models. I'm just trying to get opinions from people who sells them that actually knows the item or users who have experience.

6. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

16 X 9 works fine. when you have a 16 x 9 display, you can use 16 x 9 resolutions (1920 x 1200, etc.). Most games support it these days too.