Whey

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by ToeZ, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToeZ

ToeZ Go Spurs Go!

Over the last few years I have tried several different kinds / brands of whey, and after a shaker or two, they taste like shit... is there anywhere that sells sample packs, so I can get like one or two servings to try it out?

2. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

I was typing up something really mean but no, no i don't know anywhere that sells sample packs. Call up a company and ask if they have samples if you're really that huge of a pussy that you just can't choke down what you need to FOR YOUR SWOLENESS

3. ToeZ

ToeZ Go Spurs Go!

Being a pussy has nothing to do with it... I just dont like the taste so I eat to get my protein, I would like the easy drink to get it all, but again, flavor... would you eat a piece of dog shit if it fit your macros??

4. NUDES

NUDES New Member

Guess I'm a pussy because I won't drink some disgusting drink just to be hardcore. I

5. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

Some people are bothered by bad tastes. I can eat anything. Literally anything.

I blame my mother for forcing me to eat pickled beets.

6. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

But to answer your question, if dog shit made me more swole yeah i probably would eat it.

7. ralyks

ralyks New Member

I'm with UB. People are usually too picky about their protein powders. It doesn't have to taste like triple-chocolate cake sprinkled with ecstasy. Compare the taste of almost any protein powder with say, asparagus or brussel sprouts and it's a good tasting product.

At the very least, it's chugable. Throw in some latte powder or flavouring of any sort and it goes down easy.

8. NUDES

NUDES New Member

I like mine to taste good and will pay more for good tasting stuff, or just use MRP's. I would try the sample pack from TrueProtein.. it's there and the #1 seller for a reason.

Like I said, I'm not as hardcore as ralkys and Uglybob.. I do aspire to be though.

9. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Oh I don't disagree with you bro, if you can afford the better tasting stuff go for it. But people make these threads like all the protein they've ever tried tasted like powdered dog crap, when most protein powders taste fine. If you're that sensitive to taste, maybe you should find a new hobby.

10. Bad Karma

Bad Karma Active Member

If you're just using water, try using milk. I find it makes it taste 11ty x better

11. NUDES

NUDES New Member

This is true. and I dont evne use whey much anymore, only if I'm literally out of time and can't make food.

Like I said.. trueprotein.com has a sample pack. It is like $30 and has every flavor they sell.

12. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

I'm too poor to eat anything that tastes good also. If I could afford to buy good tasting products I probably would too :wtc: NUDES gotta make fun of my SES

13. ToeZ

ToeZ Go Spurs Go!

Cant drink milk, I have lactose issues :(

When I was younger and could tolerate I used to put ice cream in my powder and blend it... oh shit that was good.

14. ToeZ

ToeZ Go Spurs Go!

I'll give that a shot, I appriciate it

15. ToeZ

ToeZ Go Spurs Go!

Im not poor, so I can be picky? :)

Like I said, I meet all my macro needs, I just get tired of eating so damn many egg whites, tuna, and chicken...

16. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

For something I have every day I want it to be somewhat enjoyable.

Same reason we buy seasonings and sauces for chicken. They cost more money than just salt and pepper, but make a very routine and otherwise bland part of your diet more enjoyable.

But then there are hardcore chicken bros who eat it raw and Timber who eats cat food. Maybe one day...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.