Whey protein with milk/water.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by toyo96, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toyo96

toyo96 New Member

Hey there,
    Joined this forum to see pics of my bro he posted of all things :rolleyes:, but I work out as well, and I'm now starting to get serious about my diet. I am using Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey as part of my protein intake. I have chocolate and it blows in water...absolutly disgusting. In milk however, it tastes better. I've heard that drinking whey in milk slows the absorption rate compared to water, and I've also heard one (only one or two sources claim this) that drinking in milk can form a clumpy substance in your stomach that can't be digested. I'm new to this, so I want to do it right.

I'm 5'11 165 and a vanilla child when it comes to build (nothing special) I am fairly lean, with decent definition, but I'm not really getting much bigger (this is why I'm changing my diet)...my goal is no more than 175, and stay lean. So I'm trying to do all this right, but don't want longterm health issues due to taking a protein substance wrong. I'm not in to making bodybuilding a sport, simply a tool to keep fit.

2. chizzle

chizzle New Member

Drink it with milk. You'll be fine.

3. joy division

joy division New Member

mix it in a blender with milk and chocolate ice cream and a few frozen bananas...

4. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

who is your bro?

5. toyo96

toyo96 New Member

[email protected]

6. egxflash

egxflash Riding on the Midship Express

What I usually do is drink protein with milk prior to a work out since the absorption rate is slower, and drink it with water post workout.
    :dunno: if that actually helps though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.