Where's PSonline?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by VBGOD, Dec 30, 2002.

1. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

The PS2 has been out since the year 2000. It's almost 2003, and I still haven't seen anything yet. Are they waiting for some sort of HD upgrade? I'm just curious.

2. Wheepo

Wheepo Every man needs a muse, maybe mine can be the bott

Madden, SOCOM, Twisted Metal Black, Frequency and other games have come online this past year. The network adapter was launched in August.

Tony Hawk 3 with a USB network adapter could be played online and that was Ocotber of 2001.

Everquest and Final Fantasy are going online next year as well as a bunch of other titles like Resident Evil network and Ace Combat 5.

3. Klepto

Klepto Guest

xbox live>pos2 crap

4. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

It sounds scattered and unfocused. Is there a central system where you can meet up with people, add buddies to your list, ranking service, and other misc items? From your description, it basically sounds like a random connection. There is an "on-line" option in Final Fantasy X. I wonder what it does...

It would be soooooooo easy for my to hook up my PS2 to the network here. I have a hub sitting on desk, inches away from all my console systems. From what I heard, it seems like a waste of time and energy.

5. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

Well, that's obvious.

I was just curious about the PSOnline.

6. Spur

Spur Boomer

:dunno:

but i did see in a magazine today that ps2 is coming out with a keyboard, 40 gig hd, and linux

I shoulda read more.. but all i looked at was the picture and the subtext

7. Wheepo

There isn't one central network. I don't think there ever will be one either.

I agree with Klepto. Xbox Live friggin' rocks. PS2 can go online, it just doesn't have it as a main feature like Xbox does. More like an extra.

And I don't know what the on-line option does in FFX, didn't know there was one, but the new FFXI game will completely online and must be DL'ed in order to play. No buying in stores.

But it's not just a waste of time. It's very easy and I've heard nothing but good things about SOCOM. Auto Modellista is also coming out in a few months and that will have some great online racing. Unless they haven't taken it out already ...

8. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

Re: Re: Where's PSonline?

Yeah, that was back in May of 2001.

It seems to be gone. :-/

9. USHER

USHER Guest

i'm afraid everyone would be better than me and just romp on my ass at the games if i got one :sad2:

10. Supreme Allah

Supreme Allah The terrorists won.

Ace Combat 5 will be online?

11. Wheepo

Well Namco announced they would be making a new air combat game and that it would be online.

It'll most likely be Ace Combat 5.

12. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

I'm going to stick with Xbox live then. I don't see any real incentive to using the PS2 online. If someone gave me a free adapter for it, I'd try it out.

13. USHER

USHER Guest

:dunno: it's only 30 dollars and service is free so i don't see why not. i just can't find one anywhere

14. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

I guess the only thing the PSonline has going for itself is the easy setup. Poor people or young kids that don't have credit card access will get on-line quicker with PSonline, but Microsoft's core model is far superior.

15. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

Free service

16. bu

bu ²

no such thing as psonline

17. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

18. LIQUID

LIQUID #HarambeBless

Re: Re: Re: Where's PSonline?

No way...my cousins friend has a 40 gig hard drive on his PS2

19. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dude, I'll be fine.

I'm installing Visual Basic .NET on my old Dell machine. It's taking forever.

20. USHER

USHER Guest

yeah, it's free. you linked me to a guy having a problem setting it up :dunno:

and the generic brand adapters are 30 dollars. sony's is 40

21. shervin

shervin Guest

I have the network adaptor... rented NBA Live 2003, theres usually no more than 11 people playing. SOCOM was packed, but the game just plain sucks. That's all I've tried.

22. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

Re: Re: Re: Re: Where's PSonline?

Can I walk right into Best Buy and pick one up? I really doubt it. Now that I have my PS2 collecting dust again, I'm really considering a Linux conversion. Last time I checked, it was a $199 package, which included the following: HD, Ethernet Adapter, Keyboard, and mouse.

23. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

Ahhh shit. Are you still coming here?

24. LIQUID

LIQUID #HarambeBless

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where's PSonline?

no clue

that kid is an idiot

i think he is using it in place of a memory card

i think he has that linux kit but im not too sure if he is smart enough to know how to use it

25. LIQUID

LIQUID #HarambeBless

when is NGC going to come out with online adapter? :mad: :mad: :mad: