where's jollyogre

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by badguy106, Aug 6, 2005.

1. badguy106

badguy106 Location:Tn

2. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

3. JaJae

JaJae New Member

Who cares? He's a moron.

4. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

I was wondering if he got banned again. Its been nice.

5. stoliohranj

stoliohranj beautiful fucking tits man

:nono:

he is a dick, but he knows his stuff. i respect his knowledge and because of that he is a valuable member of c&p. but he is an arrogant elitist douche that didn't learn his lesson the last time he was banned.

6. xheliox

xheliox It's Good To Be King

Not to mention that his experience is the gospel. Nevermind that 100 other people experienced something differently. It was shit, it is shit, and always will be shit from then on out.

7. JaJae

JaJae New Member

He is not a valuable member, he's an asshole and is often so blinded by his arrogance that he makes mistatements or gives bad advice. I can see this forum is better without him and I've only been browsing it for a week or so.

8. TheRider

TheRider Geeky OT Supporter

Half the stuff he spouts is incorrect, and when called on it, he turns into uberprick.

9. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Link of said ownage?

10. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Hmm... well, not side with him, and we've had are fiascles. but personal opinion isn't necessarly ownage.

I agree with Ogre on plenty of things, and quite a few that you mentioned in this thread.

1st link... As for the first post, you did not own Ogre, especially since you recommended Dell. Dell makes horrible computers. They are ranked #1 in the industry for return rates on their computers. Very bad recommendation.

2nd link... Everyone says that about JollyOgre, just different words and a different context. I don't see how that is ownage. If he didn't reply (I cannot tell since you posted only your reply, I guess you owned him?) it's most likely because he's replied to your question a few dozen times towards other people.

3rd link... Never owned a LeadTek card. But, I still fail to see how that is ownage.

4th link... Oh, I remember that. He shuffles pallets around, but it is HIS business and he does individually work on machines. I fail to see how this is ownage. :dunno: In this case, I'd probably say he owned you. :dunno:

5th link... That's FreeSpace. Him and Ogre have been fighting for months. That's not anything new. And also, everybody has said this about him already. I guess everyone on this forum owned him then. :dunno:

6th link... He uses basic laws of physics when it comes to computer airflow. I've had stock fans perform cooler than any one of my friends who use ThermalTake coolers. Especially those ones that spin so fast at high RPMs it makes their whole office scream :ugh:. In a way, it is agreeable that having good airflow IS better than wasting money on a ThermalTake Cooler, if you know how to setup your case for superior airflow. Look at the G5's on Macs. They use stock fans and the computers stay way below average temperature level. Why? Because of extensive testing with airflow and physics. I'd never buy a ThermalTake personally, I'm a zalman guy. :coolugh:

7th link... He probably said Arctic Silver is junk because he knows plenty of people sack ride for that paste. :mamoru: He's done that plenty of times because that's how he is. :mamoru: I still fail to see that as ownage though.

8th link... Just a link to him saying uninstall FireFox and AIM? Maybe he was trolling? Maybe it was a solution. How would I know when you didn't post the rest of the link? How did you own him? I don't know, insufficient lack of ownage and information. :dunno:

9th link... I have never owned an Abit board, but from what Ogre has told me, and what other people told me, I'd stay clear away just in case. It's just because I'm skeptical.

10th link... I guess you owned him. :dunno:

I don't see any ownage. :dunno: Maybe someone can help me point it out?

He has his personal opinions based on his experience, and you have your personal opinions based on your experience or research. I fail to see any of the above as ownage. :dunno:

I also see him contribute much more than you and any other people here. Infact, this is the only thread which I've seen your name. :mamoru: He posts a lot of recommendation to other people, it's their choice if they want to use him or not. Now that he's gone, I can see lack of question answering already in this forum...

11. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

12. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

:ugh: @ AE

:rofl: :bowdown:

Can a mod do an IP check so we can all laugh at this novice? :x:

13. Poon

Poon New Member

14. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

I was just asking for some ownage and he was not able to show it. :dunno: Jolly is more knowledgable than most of you dumbasses, and definatly more helpful. You guys just hate him because he treats you like shit and makes you feel like a peon. :bigthumb:

15. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

You are an ignorant, close-minded, and very stupid individual to think Jolly and I are the same person. I've been here long before Jolly, and I have -always- posted in C&P. Others can vouch for me. Maybe you should go back lurking in Offtopic forums like you used to and leave the C&P forum for people like us. :dunno: It's not like you contribute anyway.

16. Missile Command Kid

Missile Command Kid New Member

Speaking as a new member, his posts are extremely inflammatory and oftentimes aren't even helpful. His holier-than-thou attitude is a huge put-off as well. I find offtopic to be a much more enjoyable experience when he's banned... too bad it's not permanent.

17. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

I think if he wasn't such an asshole he would be a very valuable member. :dunno:

18. TheRider

TheRider Geeky OT Supporter

You know, I find Jolly Ogre to be pretty interesting, but I'd guess him to be fibbing perhaps about many things.

He claims to be owner of a business called Helica Group, LLC which he told me does over 18 million a year. His profile puts him in Oregon, however when searching for that business name in the Oregon Directory: http://egov.sos.state.or.us/br/pkg_web_name_srch_inq.login nothing turns up.

I also figured hey maybe a glitch right, what 18+ million dollar company doesn't have a D&B so I ran a search there: http://www.dnb.com/us/ nothing there either, there is a LLC in Culver City, California (NOT OREGON) under that name, so perhaps could be him I suppose.

But when running a whois again his domain it traces to Oregon, so surely if he is doing business in that state he should be registered no?

Anyway you play it, he spouts too much mis-information, and I suspect is just a compulsive liar to boot.

19. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

I defend him because I'm not technologically handicapped. I've worked many years in the industry just like many other people here and although a lot of stuff is factual, even more stuff is opinion. When you say he has no clue he is talking about, that is false. Because he is a very educated person and he knows his shit. I know this because I've had simliair experiences with the products he's worked with. I like him? I didn't say that. I'm defending him because you are mistaken who the educated person is.

And just for the heads up, Dell really does have the highest return rate on computers in the manfuacturing industry. And to recommend Dell as a superior machine over other options is an uneducated opinion.

20. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

21. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

I don't know about Kingtoad, AE or not, you guys seem to act exactly the same and I only notice you posting when he's not around.

Either way, I think his ban was well deserved and when he comes back, it will be the same crap all over again like it was the last time...

22. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Maybe I just stand out more when he's not around. :dunno:

23. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

i'd have to side with you as well. people only want to fight...look at what they are doing to you. just bcuz' you support someone they think you're jsut like that person and you only want to talk down to people. ignorance is bliss.

i've argued with jplly b4 (big surprise right?) and he's really got attitude problems most of the time.

but i'd say he knows his shit too, more so than the majority of people here at C&P.

OMG!??!?! maybe i'm jolly too! omg i support him so maybe i'm jsut another fake user!??!? ban ban ban!!!

24. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

OMG i might be an AE of jollyorge too :noes:

He is one of the few people in this forum, that know there shit. Sure he might be very biased on a few companies, but its better than recommending a Dell :ugh2:

25. R-Type

R-Type The Bydo Empire must die!

It's not his knowledge or lack thereof that is the problem. It's his attitude. That's why he was banned. It's one thing to be a bit gruff when someone just doesn't 'get it' about a subject, but he has stepped over the line enough times to warrant several bans already. It is literally impossible to have a conversation with him (the whole point of a forum such as this) without him flying off the handle every time a view contrary his is posted. Anyway, it is not like he has left much of a knowledge vacuum in his wake as there are others who know just as much (if not more) and are far more pleasant to deal with.