LGBT Where's a good place to meet guys?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by cedric, Dec 2, 2004.

1. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

The title of the thread says it all.

:down: - Clubs and bars are a no go. I'll go to those places if I wanna dance or drink, but definitely not to meet anybody for anything serious. It's funny, because whenever we go to these places, my straight guy friends just stand around looking at the girls but not actually doing anything about it. The last time we went, I was the only one who struck up a conversation with a member of the opposite sex. I guess it's easier not to be nervous if you don't want anything from them.

:dunno: - Bookstores seemed like a good place, but the guys there tend to be a little too cultured / old. Plus I had a weird experience at the local Barnes and Noble last time I was there.

:x: - The Gym. I wish. This seems like the type of place where I could go to meet someone. Not that I've ever cruised anybody at a gym before, but the one I go to now has nothing to offer as far as guys are concerned. Most of them are out of my age range and the ones that aren't I don't find attractive.

:greddy: - Upscale malls. No good unless you're looking for a retail queen.

Any other suggestions? Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. :confused:

2. coma

coma New Member

A public park late at night or a rest stop, maybe? No, j/k...but
    a great question though. I have heard from an unreliable source (Oprah or something ghey like that) that the #1 place to meet people is at a grocery store. You have to figure that a guy shopping alone is likely to be single and "possibly" gay but that seems like a long shot to me.

But more realistically, think of where you spend most of your time: school or work...the problem with that though is if rumors develop.

^Story??:love:

3. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

Join some various organizations. For example, do you like volleyball or basketball, or a hiking, etc? Then join a club or organization, go a couple nights and play some...."ball".:mamoru:

Seriously, you need to get out and circulate yourself in various places other than clubs or bars if you're really intent on meeting someone and meeting someone of quality. Bars/Clubs/Online != quality.

4. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

:naughty:

5. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

6. cedric

Sounds like good advice. I dunno about "circulating myself" though. Makes me sound like a newspaper or magazine. If that's the case, I need to find some HOT subscribers ASAP!

7. cedric

I was at Barnes and Noble one night looking for a book to read. While I was there I made some rounds, looking at the programming books and various magazines as well as some art stuff. In my periphery, I notice this older, say 40-ish Indian (dot not feather), guy looking my way. I figured it wasn't anything and kept browsing. He starts following me to the computer book section, keeping a fair distance. Again, I just figured it was a coincidence. A lot of Indian people around here are programmers.

I made my way to the fiction section. He's still following me, and now I start thinking this is getting weird. I stop to look at some David Sedaris books that I heard were good (I picked them up later, good stuff!). He comes up right next to me and says "You have a lot of interests." At this point, I'm thinking WTF, people who are just trying to be friendly DO NOT follow your ass around a bookstore. I really dunno what to do at this point, because I'm thinking that this guy is creepy, he's cruising me, he's not my type at all, and he's twice my age. So, I just told him "yeah, but these are what I was looking for, they're really good." He picks one up, and as soon as he does that I turn and walk away. :ugh:

I didn't wanna be rude or anything, but this guy was just a little weird. I'm not experienced when it comes to this stuff, but even I know better than to follow someone around like that.

On a related note, I've decided never to wear the shirt I was wearing that night (it's a maroon A&F t-shirt with light pink lettering :mamoru: ) again unless I'm looking at picking up a guy. It seems that every time I wear it, I manage to attract the attention of every gay guy within a 100 yard radius. Unfortunately they're not the ghey I'm into, but I'm hoping I'll bag me a good one one of these days :x:

8. coma

coma New Member

:ughd: lolers...good story. Good thing you weren't thumbing through a fag mag or were in the gay titles section.