SRS Where you meet people/make friends?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by eligh, Jan 23, 2005.

1. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

After going out tonight, I've realized that I'm much shyer than I thought, and I suck at meeting people (especially at parties). This problem is simply compounded by the fact that I don't drink. All of my activities (stats major, bball, AA meetings, lifting weights, working @ computer lab, & OT) take place in a male-dominated arena.

I need an activity that I can enjoy with a decent male/female ratio where I can learn to socialize like a normal person. I'm 23 years old today (it's my birthday) and almost finshed with college. Those who have friends, please help.

Cliffs: Where can I make female friends, meet women and learn to socialize that doesn't involve drinking.

2. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

could try the personals section of your local paper??

just a thought ...

3. bazzaj

bazzaj New Member

how bout going on holiday? it can be easier to meet new people, you're forced to break out of your comfort zone. You're also meeting people you might not usually meet and you've all got something in common - you choose a holiday in that particular place.

4. Bleed

Bleed New Member

Do you hang out with people that have female friends? At college, I started hanging out with guys that hung out with girls. I became friends with girls and then met more girls through them. Now I have like this weird network of friends that I meet new people through. I guess it's like networking in business.

5. sports clubs i think are the best

6. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I meet people through other people that I know. Interpersonal networking.