SRS Where to go from here?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by doubleb23, Sep 19, 2005.

1. doubleb23

doubleb23 Ooooo

I've never posted in here but it's hard to talk about this with people i know because... they've all been around this situation for too long and have already formed their opinions. Anyway,

I've been seeing a girl on and off for about 2 years, mostly on. We got together when i was 16. I had many "relationships" with other girls earlier in high school but they were completely meaningless. She's the only girl I've ever had sex with, the only one i spent serious time with, etc. We broke up my senior year but ended up spending alot of time together this summer. I feel like i fell more in love with her this summer than i ever was before... but later in august we talked and decided it shouldnt be exclusive because it would fail in a college atmosphere, even though we are at the same school (we didn't decide to come here together, it was mostly for financial reasons. )

So anyway that leaves me in a shitty situation... she now has another guy, i kinda have something with another girl, but i don't feel anything for her. i still love the ex, and sometimes she acts like she's still into me a bit but i have too much pride to explore it, and it's really not what i want anyway. It's just leftover feelings, i guess.

But where do i go? i don't want another relationship with her, but it just won't go away, and if it won't go away, does that mean something? or do i just suck at getting over her?

2. AshLee

AshLee New Member

i know how you feel. its just like what they told me..it takes time to get over these things and to fully get over this girl you are going to have to cut all ties with this chick, plain and simple. but 2 years is a long time to love someone, i understand that you cant just turn feelings on and off (trust me..i have tried) and it only gets easier as time goes on

3. doubleb23

doubleb23 Ooooo

:sadwavey:
    its a bitch to cut all ties...

1, i see her at parties when im drunk as hell. she's the most ridiculously beautiful thing i've ever seen in my life. tan, long legs, cross country runner, etc. this leads to a bad train of thought. in a completely irrational way i want her back so badly, i want to talk to her and sleep with her that night and wake up with her and all that like it used to be.

2, we have some common friends out here so inevitably i see her a good bit. she called me today and said "if you're doing anything fun later..." blah blah blah. it's hard not to call her because in a way she still makes me happy like no one else can..

sorry this is pathetic, i know.

4. doubleb23

doubleb23 Ooooo

i guess basically what this comes down to is...

i don't know if it makes sense to cut all ties because she has become somewhat of a best friend/kindred (sp?) soul to me. i feel like to cut it all off would be kinda wrong and also disrespectful of all the trust that she has put in me. the relationship never ended on bad terms or anything, she's never really wronged me.

:dunno:

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Your big love is with another guy, so i think you should give yourself a new chance, dry your tears even tho you are having a lot of sadness, you can cry about it but it won't help neither of you. Life goes on , it starts back from the beginning and there's probably more beautifull lying ahead in the future, it might be dark in your life, and you maby asking yourself is this what you really want in your life, was it foolings to leave her You know what happens in passion is seldomly in your power. Your are being dishonest with that one girl that you are there for her , but reallly don't care about her at all. Don't leave her alone in dispair , but also don't be dishonest to her and break the walls of illusion around her so she can move on with her life, and you can move on with your life.

6. doubleb23

doubleb23 Ooooo

thanks, both of you have been helpful.

what happens in passion is seldomly in your power...

7. AshLee

AshLee New Member

Oh trust me i understand!!!! My ex is in my class at school (why god punished me this way..i will never know) and i have to sit and look at him every tues/thurs. it really sucks. and he does the same thing by calling me and wanting to hang out. but just ignore them. #1 it makes me feel empowered. time really does heal. i think about when we broke up and think of all the progress i made since then. it makes me feel good..but u know at the same time i feel sad. and cutting all ties..i have always felt like i couldnt either because he was my best friend and depended on me a lot for moral support because he has cancer..but u know...its the only way you will ever get to a happy place. trust me, i know all of this..all too well. i have been living it recently.

8. Vay

Vay New Member

It is hard thing to do. I have had friends who where going out for 5 years and they broke it off. To this date they still talk to each other, but nothing more then that. It will take time for you to get over her, but there will be a part of you that will still love her no matter what.