TAT Where to find designs?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by DreamDemon, Nov 17, 2004.

1. DreamDemon

DreamDemon New Member

I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for a while now, and I know what I want. I want wings, like feminine "angel" wings if you will. But my problem is I don't know where to find a good pic of them. I have tried various places on the internet just to find some ideas for shapes but I haven't had a whole lot of luck. I was just wondering if any of you people knew where I could find a good selection to look at.
    I have asked my cousin (who is a VERY talented artist) to draw me something original, but I'm concerned that he's not going to do quite what I am looking for so I just need some *ideas* (for lack of a better word).
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanx in advance!

~Chelsie

2. lowell79

lowell79 New Member

First off, never use someone elses idea.

What I do is find images on google and photoshop them into my own design. Bring them to my artist and me and him decide what stays and what goes, this goes for the coloring and shading also.

I get some examples from

www.eviltattoo.com
    www.tattoofinder.com
    www.tattoodles.com

They're pay sites, but it can give you an idea of what you're looking for.

3. Elfling

Elfling New Member

www.bmezine.com will probably give you some good starting points, tons of user galleries.

Look through mythology books and so on..I found a neat pair of wings in a Dungeons and Dragons monster manual :mamoru: I'm a geek.

4. DreamDemon

DreamDemon New Member

Not too sure what the first part of this means; not sure if you're telling me not to have my cousin draw me something original because he wants to or if it's a bad idea to get a general idea from someone else.
    If it was the first case, the reason I want my cousin to draw the design for me is because of the reason I have behind getting the tat in the first place. I want, as does he, to get a tattoo in remembrance of my cousin (his older brother, who was only 20) who died in June. I thought it would be really personal that way and he was really excited about it. Anyway, thank you for your replies!

5. lowell79

lowell79 New Member

What I meant was basically, don't go with a wall tattoo, if your cousin is gonna draw something original then that's the way to go about it.