Where to find a good employee?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Conrad10781, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Conrad10781

Conrad10781 New Member

I apologize if I posted this in the wrong forum, but I tried looking around for the best section, and this seemed to be the best..

I own a company that is headquartered in upstate New York, and am currently looking for employees, pretty much all over the US, to sell computer software that we have created/designed.

I have tried monster, hotjobs, computerjobs.com, regionalhelpwanted.com, and many others.. I have probably spent over $2,000 and all of the applicants that these site draw, if I get any at all, to say the least are "knuckle-heads" they could hardly put their resume` on these sites, let along sell and demo computer software.

I come here, hoping that someone may know of a another place that I may have just overlooked, or maybe to find that someone here, or a person someone here knows directly may be looking for such a job, and could help me after quite a few frustrating weeks.

2. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

you may want to look into local recuiting companies in your area. I'm not exactly sure how the sales recuiting works, but I know we've found some pretty good developers through recruiters here. Just a thought.

3. tony

tony Guest

Or do you just have a crap company that no one would want to work for?

Thats usually a sign of not getting good applicants.

4. Conrad10781

Conrad10781 New Member

OMG, thats it, you figured it out, all my problems are SOLVED!, my crappy company that keeps increasing sales and margins by at least 27% each year, is a big piece of garbage. Time to close the doors :wavey:

Tony, if you had any idea on how the real world worked, you may have said something like, maybe you are setting your expectations too high. or you're right good workers are hard to come by. Since you are definitely not talking from the experience of trying to hire an employee.

Thanks to sled for at least valid input...

5. Javi

Javi New Member

don't forget the local newspaper!

maybe craigslist.org too

6. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Why don't you show us your ad? Maybe you're just not making it appealing to people who have the selling gene in their blood.

7. dijital

dijital New Member

try headhunters