GUN Where to buy swords...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mrbill, Jan 24, 2004.

1. mrbill

mrbill New Member

Please forgive this noobish post. I did a search and got nada. Where can one buy real swords(katana, rapier, gladius, claymore etc) not the display crapola that abounds on ebay, but real swords that are sharp and will hold an edge. I want to begin my sword collection, but I don't want crap. I want each piece to be functional(read sharp) even though I'll only use it for display.

2. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

cold steel makes functional ones, but to get the REAL real thing, you're looking at thousands of dollars.

3. Redmouse

Redmouse Just looking...

4. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

I just got a new Cold Steel catalog in the mail today, they're make really some nice swords for the price. :cool:

5. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

Those people at Cold Steel are crazy, they test their knives like no one else. However, to buy directly from them is really expensive, or used to be, so if you want something of theres look around for it somewhere else, lots of companies carry their stuff and sell it for much less. If you want fantasy style swords theres Budk, I think they are at www.budkww.com there's also J&L, I havent ordered from them in a long time, but they used to sell all kinds of stuff, they are at http://www.selfdefenseproducts.com/ Thats all I can remember right now though.

6. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

:werd:

If you order the new catalog you get a copy of their Proof DVD for free; you're right though, ordering from them is outrageous though the prices have dropped alot from what they were a couple years ago. You might want to check ebay, the prices on swords look to be pretty good; a 1796 calvary saber is $374.99 from cold steel but only $219.99 on ebay.

http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...d&ht=1&sosortproperty=1&from=R10&BasicSearch=

7. mrbill

mrbill New Member

thanks for the info!