MMA Where to buy shin pads?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Epik High, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Epik High

Epik High OT Supporter

Where is a good online place to buy shin pads? Any specific brands or whatever I should purchase?

2. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I always whore out www.mmamuscle.com to my friends and online because I've gotten great service there and they have good prices on alot of CSI and Windy gear.

I bought most of my Fairtex gear straight from Fairtex but www.mmawarehouse.com is a better distributor of their product, I hear.

3. xinster

xinster New Member

thaisportgear.com

4. padrino2k

padrino2k New Member

http://www.fairtexgear.com/html_documents/gear/gear_item.asp?p_id=153
    -these have GREAT cushion if you're not looking to get your shins banged up. Fairtex makes great equipment, but it's usually the most expensive. Other brands may carry similar pads for less $$$.

http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25680
    -I have a set of Ringside pads just like these that I've used for 2+ years and they're still in decent shape. Ringside discontinued their sets, but they still sell the Top Contender version which is identical to theirs.

http://www.combatsports.com/detail_tuf.aspx?ID=22281
    -if you're doing MMA, these will stay on really well. They also have decent padding over the shins + feet

http://www.combatsports.com/detail.aspx?ID=22280
    -these are the most commonly used pads in matches that require full protection. They are similar to the previous pads, but have the thinnest padding.

5. Epik High

Epik High OT Supporter

I think I used these during sparring yesterday. I think I plan on buying these, unless someone can convince me otherwise.

6. Epik High

Epik High OT Supporter

Also, can someone recommend a solid pair of boxing gloves, especially for sparring? My instructor sells PRO brand 16 oz for 20 bux. Thoughts?

7. CyberEye

CyberEye Oh god, the voices

That's damn cheap would be my first thought.

8. padrino2k

padrino2k New Member

My second thought is, does he have another pair that you can ship me? :x: LOL.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2006
  9. Epik High

Epik High OT Supporter

I guess he goes through a wholesaler. They are PRO 16 oz gloves and pretty darn decent. If you are fairly serious, I'll see if I can get some.

10. CyberEye

CyberEye Oh god, the voices

I'd also be interested in pair if you can hook it up

11. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Those are the ones I have, and they are great. I also ordered a pair of the CSI Grappling shingaurds for MMA sparring, but haven't recieved them yet.

12. teep

teep New Member

I have the Fairtex pro ones too. Absolutely love them. Fairtex is a little pricey but they have real quality stuff that will last. I'm thinking about getting a pair of 16oz from them. Not sure though...I feel like my 14oz gloves are fine.

13. Bausk

Bausk New Member

[​IMG]

6'1" 225 and I got a pair of XL's that fit great. The UPS guy gave me "a look" as a waited for him to come up to the door today at lunch. :rofl:

Holy Crap these things are comfortable. They are soo much more comfortable and easier to move around in than my Fairtex Pro Shingaurds. I'm amazed.

I plan on using these for MMA sparring, or if my wife or someone else needs to use my other shin gaurds. For strictly Muay Thai sparring I may stick to my Fairtex's because they are much thicker... but I love these.

14. padrino2k

padrino2k New Member

If you've already tried them out and like 'em, then go for it. Like I said, I've been using mine for 2 years. I've seen the Fairtex ones, and they really are nice, but I don't think they're worth 3x the price. A good set of shin guards for under $20 is a steal. I paid $35 for mine when they came out with them.

And a set of 16 oz. gloves for $20 is pretty cheap. I'm trying to find out what they look like online, but typing in "PRO boxing gloves" brings up everything. LOL.