FRK Where to buy rope?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by godmare, Dec 8, 2008.

1. godmare

godmare New Member

Getting into bondage with the so.... where are some good places to buy rope? The local adult-type store has very little in terms of rope, so probably an online store? I've been to twistedmonk.com, are there any better options?

2. Lovely Atlantis

Lovely Atlantis Luscious Lovely Lady!

www.rainbowrope.com has a good selection of MFP (multi filament polypropelene) rope in a variety of colours. Many people I've talked to say that their customer service is poor though. I've heard of people's orders taking months to arrive. When we ordered from then it arrived in a decent amount of time but was missing a few pieces. We notified them of the error and they sent us the replacements right away. SO it's a bit of a toss up with that company. But for coloured MFP their selection can't be beat.

3. Bubba Atlantis

Bubba Atlantis New Member

and the price is fairly good.

However, yes, there are some issues with customer service. If they mess up, they are quick to fix the problem, however, you can tell that it is a home business as there are gaps in the quality on the business transaction side.

4. jsx730

jsx730 If found wandering, send back to FS...

What about just going to Lowe's or Home Depot and getting 1/4" or 3/8" Braided Nylon Rope? Is that the right type of rope?

5. one66stang

one66stang Haters.com

Tractor Supply........TSC

6. Lovely Atlantis

The quality of that stuff is often not nearly as good. It is sometimes stiff and scratchy.

7. Bubba Atlantis

I wouldn't recommend it. I mean if you are wanting to see if it is something you might like, that is a good way to start. I would suggest getting only a bit of it though as, if you are into it, you will not want to play with that for any extended period of time.

Another starter suggestion is going to a fabric store and buying curtain ropes. They are different colours and soft (if you find the right ones).

If you are serious about bondage though I would recommend investing in some good stuff.

Oh additionally, the braided nylon can fray easily and can't really be washed.

8. godmare

godmare New Member

I can't tell from the site, but it looks like the neds are just loose.. are they tied or whipped at all?

9. Lovely Atlantis

they are whipped and taped. We haven't had any problems with them fraying

10. Bubba Atlantis

Was debating where to put these, so I will put them here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. razi

razi New Member

http://ajarope.com

That's a local rope vendor here. It's hemp, it's a little expensive, but it's NICE. Very soft, durable, multicolored, natural fibers. Smells good too.

12. Bubba Atlantis

what do you like about the hemp? I have never really been a fan of it and I have heard mixed opinions on it

13. I bought rope at OSH. :bowrofl:

14. razi

razi New Member

I haven't used it yet, but of what I've seen it's soft but not squishy like nylon. It's got substance without being heavy, and it just has a nice feel to it. That and it smells nice.

I can't find regular, untreated hemp rope anywhere though, so I haven't been able to play with it before it's been processed by a company like the one I linked.