where to buy RE Subs

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by apedog23, Mar 6, 2008.

1. apedog23

apedog23 New Member

where can i buy RE Subs. Either a place around Aurora, IL or can someone give me a link

2. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

A handful of online places. I dont know if they are certified or not. Or call USamps/RE and find a dealer near you.

Curious as to why you want RE.

3. apedog23

apedog23 New Member

because every time i post a thread about want kind of subs to get. Its always go with JL or RE. But i have no problem finding JL but i cant find RE anywhere

4. GammaRadiation

RE has moved to a loacal dealer only, sort of brand. It used to be direct interenet sales only which was when it was considered a great performance for price sort of company. Now it is another well performing, expensive brand. This happened after USamps took it over and one of the original starters of the company sold all of his shares.

Many people who reccomended RE in the past will reccomend Fi.

If you post a pricerange people can give you good brands to look into that are rare like RE (is/was) but still have good cost per performance. :)

5. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

he had a maximum $100/sub budget in the thread he deleted.

6. GammaRadiation

Well since even the RE RE series are selling for around $100 I wouldnt reccomend them. Personally, I would go with something from parts express with that budget. :coolugh:

7. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

that was my suggestion

8. tjamz

tjamz New Member

While I have no problems with Parts Express and their product line (I use them on occasion myself...especially Tang Band) I honestly don't think I can name another sub in that price range that even competes w/ the RE series. We commonly replace W3's and MTX 7500's w/ the RE/SR series of subs as, in our customers experience, they sound better than either of them and get just as loud with less power as well. (We dropped JL, MTX, Infinity & DB Drive when we picked up RE if that tells you anything.) The RE Series of subs have an MSRP of $149, but I'm willing to bet you can pick them up in the sub $100 range if you looked around a bit.

As for online sales, no one is authorized to do new product online from RE Audio/USAmps, Ikesound can hook you up with B-Stock items however.

9. GammaRadiation

Dont take this the wrong way and I am not tyring to start drama or call you out but...

The fact that you are reccomending Ikesound lets me know to take that opinion with a grain of salt.

The RE RE series is good, no doubt, but it doesnt compare to what you can get from parts express for $100. Also, the MSRP is above his price range and unless the dealer is doing the install, I would put money down that he is not going to cut the displayed price by 33%.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=295-464

RE RE series doesnt stand a chance in the output department and SQ difference will likely be negligible.

10. tjamz

tjamz New Member

I recommended them as a source for B-Stock ONLY. They are the only authorized RE Dealer on the net, and are only authorized to sell B-Stock on the net. That is the ONLY reason I recommended them at all.

As for the price, I've never sold one for MSRP out the door, and my opinion stands there....if he were a customer of mine, that sub would be in his budget.

Dayton is good stuff, we've used them in the past and won't talk bad about them (or most other brands for that matter...not my style). My preferences are with the RE in a slot-ported box, with MUCH lower wattage than the Dayton calls for (saves money on the amplifier) Your's are with Dayton, nothing wrong with that...discussions such as these can only be good for those casually reading, as it can be argued that neither will reign supreme over the other and if brand "A" was the absolute best brand EVAR, there would never be a brand "B" We both know this isn't the case, but we both know what we like...which is also cool.