GUN Where to buy an HS Precision equipped 10FP online?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AustinL911, Jul 2, 2008.

1. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Know of anyplaces that have them instock for <$800? Decided I'd go for one of those over the base model.

2. AustinL911

Found them. They no longer make the 10FP with an HSP stock. It's now the 10FCP (detachable mag, same gun basically). Should be here in a few days.

Opinions on optics for it? I'm not trying to throw an S&B or U.S. Optics on it.

I was thinking either a Bushnell Banner 4-16x40, or a Millet TRS like I was considering for one of my AR builds. Would like to keep it <$300.

3. Hooch

Hooch New Member

Dont waste your time, buy a regular 10fp then but the B&C Medalist stock, It feels and shoots great all for under 800-

[​IMG]

4. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

I think you would do well to reconsider your glass choices.

I'd look for a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5x14x40 mil dot, super sniper 10x, Bushnell elite 3200 10x, or used Leupy VXIII 3.5x10x40 (my personal fav.) and have it sent off for M1 knobs when you get the money.

If you don't mind me asking... what was the final total on the Savage?

Edit** I didn't want to hurt your feelings, but I agree with the above. Few can fuck up ergos like HSP, there is asbsolutely no love between them and I.

For conversation....

I know of a McM for sale (Sako Varminter), for $325. Remmy 700's can be sourced cheap.... (I pay 300-350 usually). That's $675 for a barreled action and stock. Add some extra bucks for a can of steel bed, tweak the trigger, and add glass and mounts of your choice. Wanna bet that for <$700 you could have a gun that would fuck a Salvage's world up, using better quality components.... for less?

Some of you guys look in the wrong direction to spend your money. Deals abound, and it's a buyers market for those with the cash. These ARE the good old days, take advantage of them.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  5. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

what hooch said

6. sprite

sprite Active Member

I have that exact rifle. You're going to like it.

Regarding the optic... that is largely dependent on what your using it for. Mine is primarily a target rifle and i put on a Sightron SSII 3.5-10x Mildot. That is probably more than you're looking to spend though. In the $300 range for primarily target shootings I'd probably look mostly at Bushnell Elite or the 10X Super Sniper.

7. Hooch

Hooch New Member

Let me get into optics, on my Accuracy international I floated the funds I picked up a Nightforce 5.5x24, it costed around $1500 back in 06 when I bought it, it is a great optic but it's probly the last one I buy at that price, it also went on a $3800 dollar weapon at the time. Oh and do yourself a favor, when purchasing your base go with the EGW picatinny rail, it's 39 bucks and they are great.

Here's what I have in my Savage setup-

Savage 10FP with accutrigger blade removed
    Super Sniper 10x side parralax
    Burris Xtreme medium rings
    EGW Picatinny base
    B&C Medalist Stock, got it here for 201 bucks-

http://www.shootersdiscount.com/cart/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=49

heres the base-

http://egw-guns.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39&products_id=179

All together this package is a winner for a budget rifle

On this cheap little Savage I put together I threw on the Super Sniper 10x with side parralax adjustment. I picked it up used for $250 bucks off a guy I knew. That being said, last weekend I took her out, I grabbed some data off of Sniper Central and went with Federal 168 gr. match loads. The weapon had not been zeroed yet, so I went with 100, 200 and 600 meters. Walked out each target at different intervals then went back to the truck starting out with the 100 meter so I could Zero. Now Sniper Central and a few other forums did tests with the super sniper and they had POI's out to 1000 meter's with the proper 1/4 inch adjustments starting out at 100 meters and reaching out to grand slam territory.

I started at 100, the wind was at no value so I zeroed at reset the turrets to zero then followed the 1/4 moa's as said on the chart. I was astonished to say the least, I wasn't shooting for groups but rather to see if this optic was as decent as they said it was for the price. Well, needless to say, with my zero at 100, I was able to hit the 200 meter mark the first shot after adjusting for elevation using the SC data I took with me, first shot on the 200 meter was about 2 inch high and 2 inches to the right. I proceeded to take the 600 meter shot, I had forgotton my spotting scope that day. The first shot on the 600 meter mark after walking in the heat for 600 meters was astonishing to me at about 3 inches low of center and about again 2 inches to the right, so that led me to believe that I held my breath on the 200. After this I reset my turrets back a few rotations to zero and then hit my 100 meter mark dead on. This was my first time using the SWFA SS, and I was very impressed to say the least, and would purchase this as budget optic that can definatly hold its own.

8. AustinL911

Eh, too late. Already bought it.

$850 shipped. And I've never been a fan of buying used guns. I'm finicky about that.