Where The Fuck Is My Wrc?!!!!

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Buck-O, May 18, 2002.

1. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

So its 8:00pm friday...rally time...hell yes!

So i flip over to speed channel, and the first thing i see is some fucking redneck with a twang trying to talk about aerodynamics, as if he knows WTF hes talking about. And im like, well, maybe the clock is off...and im here early. Info button...8:08....WTF?!
    So i figure maybe they went over...then i hear "WHen we come back, we will have blah blah blah blah..." WHAT THE FUCKING HELL!!

I guess NASCRAP TV isnt doing as well as they thought it was, so instead of realizing that NASCRAP is for rednecks and retards, they infect it into a prime viewing spot, where their highest viewer rated show appears...monday night, FIA World Rally. Fucking media whores.
    And of course everyone is going to sit there on their TV's waiting for their rally to come on, only boosting their ratings higher.

What a crock of shit. They have the BEST ratings on Speed during WRC coverage, and they fuck that up to.

I swear FOX is run by a women.

2. Josh717

Josh717 Guest

3. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Well, it finally came on...a half hour late.

Still a crock of shit though. Fox should die.

4. Guido The Penguin

Guido The Penguin Hi, I'm here for the gang bang.

SUddenly FOX doesn't seem so dumb do they?? ;)

Yeah, I was waiting with the VCR remote in my hand for half an hour. At least it finally did come on.

Tonight, its supposed to be on at the 'usual' time after the AMA bike racing. Hopefully that will prove to be true.

5. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I am stil pissed about the nascar channel. I don't see how anyone can really like that shit so fucking much.

I like it espescially when I turn the TV on, and see the same shit tha was on last night.
    Where the fuck is my quality racing?

6. Redline Racer

Redline Racer Subaru Tecnica International

Well, at least your WRC gets replaced by another "form" of Motorsport.

On Friday the British coverage of the Rally Deutschland got cancelled because of the sodding cricket. Cricket for gods sake.:confused:

7. katabrat

katabrat Guest

Guess what some of us dont care that much about WRC.....but I still watch it cuz its racing,I think if the drivers were not a bunch of pussys they would all line up and just go for it. F racing against the clock,at least Nascar races each other!

8. Guido The Penguin

apples and oranges.......

9. Redline Racer

Overtaking down single track roads, hmm...that would be interesting to watch.

10. katabrat

katabrat Guest

A little over the top?Ok no more Bass when I post,and you are right its apples & oranges....but its still racing.

11. Guido The Penguin

Surprisingly, I actually can and do watch NASCAR, at least when FOX is covering it, or when they're at a road course.

BUT WRC/Le Mans/F-1 are still my top forms of motorsports.

But what bugs me about Speed Channel is the OVERLOAD of Nascar type programming and racing.

NASCAR Tech is a good show, you can learn alot of stuff on it that applies to all forms of motorsports.

Inside Winston Cup is funny.

But some of the other shows could be done without. We dont need to see the 1980 Daytona 500 4 times a week. We dont need to see EVERY ARCA-Remax/Busch/Hooter's Pro Cup race, and not just every race, all of the replays of each race. :(

I'd just like to see Speed Channel take away some of that excess NASCAR programming in favor of other forms of motorsports, like the BTCC, Australian Super V8s, FiA GT and Sportscar, DTM, etc.

12. katabrat

katabrat Guest

I must say I dont watch the ARCA -Hooters pro cup racing,I would rather watch anything else on motorsports,More F-1 stuff would be cool,so would any WRC.

13. autoracer1

autoracer1 Rallyx postponed :wtc: Next one May 10.

Your calling WRC drivers pussies?? Have you ever driven down a twisty gravel road at 50mph? What about 130mph? I myself can handle around 50mph on most roads, and WRC drivers goto about 130mph in Rally Finland. Most of the drivers have been through the stage once, barely know it and the dangers. Nascar is driving in circles on the same track.

Calling WRC drivers pussies is I think the stupidest thing I have ever heard. If you have ever driven a gravel road you would know about something called dust, which makes wheel to wheel impossible, NOT TO MENTION THEY ARE LOGGING ROADS LIKE 15 FEET WIDE, not purpose built tracks.

14. Redline Racer

autoracer1:werd:

15. Guido The Penguin

I gotta agree

Hitting a tree in Finland at 130 MPH > Hitting the wall in NASCAR at 180 MPH

Granted quite a few NASCAR drivers have lost their lives because they hit the wall, but a few rally drivers have lost their lives hitting the trees, not to mention the spectators... :wtc:

16. katabrat

katabrat Guest

Just trying to rattle the cage,you are right they are for the most part insane,some of the roads they race on.......well if you F up its going to hurt,the cars they race are cool.I still like most forms of racing,but some of the shit they show on speed,its like wtf,their must be like 3 guys are into it...... any of the hooters races.And to autoracer1 yes I have been down dirt roads faster than 50 mph...used to race off road buggys,1 baja 1000,3 baja 500,5 or 6 barstow to vegas races,I know its not the same.......but its close.Calm down,was just kidding,any one who races autos is not a puss!