LGBT Where should I work? v. I need a job :eek3:

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Pen Is Mightier, Dec 7, 2008.

1. So I need to find a job for during next semester. I'm taking next semester off as I'll be too busy with my cancer treatment and I don't want to ruin my GPA over it. So basically, what are some good things I could do for work?

I'm good with computers, I can fix most stuff or build them and stuff, I have experience working a register/dealing with large amounts of cash (>$2000/day).

I'm hoping it to be a flexible place where I can work most days but then have them be relaxed enough where if I don't come in for a few days (I'll tell them if I can't) I won't get fired. Dunno how the treatment will be. I've heard some people are fine and continue their normal life with little problems and then some people are sick the whole time.

So OT, where should I work? I'm thinking a book store or a mom/pop computer shop.

2. philvia

philvia SUCKIN ON MY TITTIES LIKE YOU WANTIN ME CALLIN ME

what is your major

bookstore is very casual and easy

3. My major is Business. bleh. Dont you work at a book store? How is it? I just want something relaxed and > $12/hr or so. I more so want a job to keep busy rather than for the pay but obviously the more pay the better.

4. philvia

i used to work at bookstore in TN. i dont plan on working again till the summer or so :p

i was going to suggest intern.

5. philvia

6. Well I just switched to this major and intern sounds much more stressful/reliable than I'm looking for...I dont think anyone would hire me.

7. T.I.

T.I. New Member

WAIT WOAH. I thought you had been cured form your skin cancer at age 12 or something? What happened? Are you gonna be okay???

8. It came back. I should be alright though...just gotta put on my war face and kick some ass. :wiggle:

9. T.I.

T.I. New Member

Chemotherapy? Or radiation/surgery?
    Or both? I'm sorry man. I WISH YOU THE BESTTT.

10. Well I had surgery a week ago to remove the original site and chop out/test the lymph nodes. :cool: (WE & SLNB)

I haven't received any treatment besides that currently but should be starting very soon. :wiggle:

11. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

We're here with you pen :hug:

12. LOL I'm fine, I just need some job ideas! :p

13. trlc463

trlc463 New Member

14. Bleh, I check craigslist jobs every morning when I wake up and apply to some and I have been upfront with all of them when I applied. That I would try my best to get to work on days I have work but some days I could be sick and would have to call in sick. Lots of them either ignored my application/e-mails/phone calls completely or sent back a reply saying sorry that they couldn't hire me. I felt being honest from the beginning was the best way to go. :hs: I'm going to start applying to places now and just submit my resume/application. Then once they show interest I might tell them...geez...getting a job is so difficult I never thought it would be this hard. I feel like I've applied to 20-30 different jobs already.

15. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Good luck youngin! I've applied for probably 200 jobs (at minimum) since this summer, got three interviews, hired at two. Shit it's so bad around here that a part time job 20 hours per week at $6.65 per hour has had over 150 applicants since being posted Tuesday :eek3: I wish things were like they were about 5-9 years ago, I wanted the job I saw, I went and talked to them, that same day or the next they called me and hired me. Shit a couple of my law enforcement jobs, I was "interviewed" and had the job before I even had the "interview" which consisted of "Well hey there (Sheriff/Cheif of Pollice) I need a job" and getting told "You start tomorrow". I never should have left that career path, I could have EASILY gotten into the Mo State Highway Patrol and had a life long career and already have moved up the ladder several times by now. Oh well so is life.

16. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

This is a list of where we are hiring, I can PM you some info if you would like. I'm told if you work a yard shift, it's a much better job as you have set hours and hourly only pay. Plus from what I've told they are shitty to us here in the midwest/rural areas because they know they are the only place hiring.

17. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

18. Awww thanks. <3 hehe

I'm in the SF Bay Area...east/south bay.

19. blaq19

blaq19 New Member

Move to NYC, you can be my assistant I need one of those...