Where is the "What do you say on your first phone call?" thread?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by UNvisible, Dec 3, 2007.

1. UNvisible

UNvisible New Member

So when i first get a girls number.. and I call her back.. (within 24 hours every day but saturday, I dont call on sundays). I usually keep it short...

"hey xxxx, this is xxxx, give me a call back, my number is xxx-xxxx."

This is a stupid idea for a thread, but what do you people say?

2. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I can't talk on the phone, its weird :o

3. UNvisible

UNvisible New Member

sux bro

4. UNvisible

UNvisible New Member

i hate talking on the phone :o I get my business done and i'm out :o

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

It's hard to search for this type of thread...but I'd suggest everyone fill this one up so I can add it to my new thread of "typical topics."

To the OP, it's hard to say because I would go situation by situation. Meaning there are some people I know I could call after meeting or going on a date within 24 hours, but there are definitely other times I'd say to wait two days. Is there a specific situation that prompted this thread? If so we need more details.

6. UNvisible

UNvisible New Member

let me get the story i typed up :o

7. UNvisible

UNvisible New Member

here:

8. UNvisible

UNvisible New Member

thats a shitty story.

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Ok, with that particular story I would have suggested:
    That at the bar you told her she had to call you. Said it in a joking way and even possibly said "put my number in your phone right now!" which comes off confident if you say it correctly.

But since you didn't do that...the only thing I can advise is to call her 2+ days from whatever night it is that you saw her and if she doesn't answer you don't sound discouraged. You leave a brief message where you laugh and can even say something like "well look who's not answering!" followed by "it's ____ and give me a call so we can see about going out this weekend" or whatever.

10. UNvisible

UNvisible New Member

i'll call her tonight or tomorrow.

11. NCS

NCS Active Member

1. wait a few days and blabla
    2. instead of getting the number, set up an idea for your first date. that way when you call you both know whats expected.

12. R.Kelly

R.Kelly OT Supporter

what I do is

1) wait a few days to call
    2) on the first call, start off with a funny story of something that just happened. I usually start off with "I am at the mall and you will never believe what happened!" and then go into a funny story.
    3) I then talk about something ill be doing on later that week (like an art fair, concert, etc) and see if she wants to go.
    4) and then I just wing it from there based on what she says

I do this because it keeps the convo short (that way you don't drag it out and get those awkward pauses). It also starts the convo out with high energy and excitement, because you are telling her a funny story. Lastly, it makes it makes it so I am involving her into my plans, instead of creating my plans around her (I was already going to X place, and wanted to see if she wanted to join me. If she says no, I am still going).

That is how I usually handle first phone calls. I personally hate talking on the phone, so I try to keep it short and simple.

13. Pringles

Pringles New Member

I don't leave messages. You seem desperate if you do IMO. If they were there to answer they could've come and had a good time they weren't they lost. You shouldn't need to justify your call to them in a message.

On another note like beer said you should have jokingly said something like she owes you for ignoring your calls and therefore it's her turn to act.

I also hate to be stereotypical, but the hotter or cuter they get the more ditsy or used to having things handed to them they get. So sometimes you gotta play a little more because they truly forget or get busy and forget. It's not they them saying fuck off.

As for now I'd call her in a couple days and invite her to some event your going to. It does say something that she can remember you three weeks later especially if she serves 100 people a night.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  14. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

I think it's dumb not to leave messages, because these days a lot of people don't answer numbers they don't know.

Especially girls who may have had problems with stalkerish guys in the past. :hsugh:

15. Pringles

Pringles New Member

I hate to be rude, but one how am I, a new guy, supposed to know you attract stalkers. Also why are you giving stalkers your number or the idea that what they are doing is good :ugh:

16. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

Well, there could be 1000 reasons why someone doesn't answer numbers they know, but I know a lot of people who don't answer and wait for them to leave a message.

Obviously a lot of girls don't know a guy is going to end up being a creep when they give them their number, so that point is null.

17. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

How would you know which ones are the "24hour" and "2 day" type.

Oh and expressing yourself over the phone can bring limitations as you don't see her facial expressions when she talks, so I'd only use the phone to set up some date or meeting point.

That time I used it, I was clear and concise with very little roundabout.

18. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

I don't know about you, but when I'm really looking forward to a call from someone whose number I don't have, and a number I don't know rings my phone, I pick it up.

IMO people who will NEVER answer the phone if they don't know who is calling are uptight... and if a girl chooses not to answer the phone when I call she is either one of those uptight types or straight up avoiding. I don't see a reason to indulge either. If I try several times from different numbers and wait a week then I can be happy leaving a message and assuming she will never call back.

19. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

By how much she likes the person in question ;)

I would recommend NOT applying this rule yourself...

20. UNvisible

UNvisible New Member

i always leave a message... Mostly because i never answer unknown numbers my self :dunno:

She specifically told me to call and leave a message. I did that. Now it's a waiting game :o

21. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

Is it because of something I said? :ugh:

22. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Yeah and now you're waiting for the call back and you have no way of knowing what is going on. If it were me (and if I were thinking clearly, which is the real trick) I'd have called her on the call screening up front. But you're right, now it is a waiting game. See why I think leaving messages is a dumb idea?

Of course one of the Vag e-studs will probably come in here and bitchslap me for caring whether they call back since I should be getting 27 new girls' phone numbers a day.

23. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

I think you misunderstand. I didn't mean YOU specifically.

24. ware_ru

ware_ru I know, I know, I'm amazing

can someone with a sub just search my name (and jkidd5) and the word "phone" in this forum and just put all the posts in this thread. muchas gracias

25. demosnat

demosnat New Member

:rofl:

Oh you kill me.