SRS Where does love lie?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Clix, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Clix

Clix New Member

where do you think loves lies?

is it more important that the well being of someone ad let them go and forgo possible pain and suffering or that you fight at all cost win or lose?

fucking clusterfuck

2. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

True love lies first with yourself. If you don't love yourself, that's usually when you start to allow someone else to rule your life, and that usually ends bad because that type of person isn't ready for true love.

3. Clix

Clix New Member

No its going beyound that, when you love yourself enough to love someone else then what...

4. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Truth... unfortunately our society fills our minds with corrupt concepts of love, with longing, hatred, and pain..... we find love only through ourselves.

5. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

it depends what love means to you

6. Clix

Clix New Member

I dont think I could answer that. Hence the question to others.

7. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

To love = to care about something.

This love comes from the devine spark, which is the core of your soul. This core can interact with its enviroment and change it thru emotions.

8. Clix

Clix New Member

But at a certain point is love enough to warrent pain and suffering for a short time to be happy or do you let love go and forgo the pain and suffering becuase you care deeply about someone.

9. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Be more specific. You are talking about something in particular.

10. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

IMO this is too general. It's situation specific and therefore we need more data. :)

11. Clix

Clix New Member

Its not a specific situation. Its you opinion on something general/

12. Coottie

I can argue both sides given different circumstances....come to think of it, I can do that with a lot of topics.

13. Clix

Clix New Member

Ok fine.

A woman says she wants to be with me (the woman I love) but becuase of our past she doesnt want to have to cry herself to sleep at night becuase ill be gone the next 5 months in the army. She wants to be with me, she wants me to love and hold her and I cant be there for her right now, for atleast the next 2 1/2 months I wont even be able to see her.

So do I let her go becuase I care about her so much, or do I let her go though the pain and suffering that will occur.

14. Coottie

Well IMO the time factor is irrelevant. 5 months is nothing....I mean there are many, many couples that survive much longer away times. What's 5 months compared to a lifetime??

If you truly love this woman it can survive the time. Sure you'd rather be together but perhaps that'll have to wait for now. But seriously, how many other women have you met like this one?? If she's truly special to you then you should do everything in your power to keep her....never let her go. You may seriously regret letting her slip away later in life....why not fight for her and your relationship??

OK...just to prove my previous post...I'll argue the other side now.

Dude, you don't have time for her for the next 2 months and you'll be gone for 5 so break it off now. She's says she wants to be with you but doesn't want to cry herself to sleep so do the right thing and end it now. I mean it's not fair to keep her hanging on the line waiting for your life to free up. How fair is that??? How does that make you feel?? Just end it now and get it over with. Your lives are just moving in different directions....time to accept it and move on.

Damn....and this has been a problem for me my whole life. I can seriously see both sides to soo many arguments. It sux.

But, back to you....pick which ever argument you like. I can actually advance both if you require more justification.

15. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

it all depends how much she means to you. if it's your choice to let her go or not, stick with her. the 'pain' will determine whether she really cares about you or not. if she's not willing to make the commitment without you there because there is too much loneliness, then I wouldn't go for it. I'm sure you can stand the time, but she may not. It needs to be a mutual thing, talk to her about it.

16. Clix

Clix New Member

:werd:

Im actually waiting for her to finish dinner. All our mutual friends came over to her apt for a big dinner of sorts, so im waiting for them to leave so we can talk.

I honestly think shes the one. So much has happened. She tells me she would follow me anywhere shes just not sure she would be able to get along without seeing me. Shes just a very physical person. Not nessicerly sex or anything. Our relationship was built on these hugs that like were just awsome and she wants that and I cant give it to her.

Not sure really but I know her well, like she even tells me I know her better than she knows herself sometimes. In the end I think shes afraid she might have a weak moment or something. I know that sounds bad but I mean its a genuine reason. Shes going to not have any contact with someone she loves other than letters.

Fuck I dont know, I dont want her to commit to me if she cant handle it but on the other side she seems like she wants to so bad but she doesnt want something to happen becuase one day she might be out with friends or something and just might be craving a hug. she recently quit to school to persue a different career path so shes moving back in with her parents for awhile and since all our mutual friends are going to be an hour away she is scared of the lonlyness becuase I cant be there.

17. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

you think she's the type who might stray and find someone else if you weren't there? that's a hard call if she's possibly that type. However, that's often what happens when couples don't see each other for that long. How many movies portrayed that situation with the man leaving off and the woman crying to sleep but eventually found someone else and got married? I really think 5 months is too short for her to be worrying that much, but then again I'm not her. Seems like she needs to build some self confidence, maybe something you can help her with. If worst comes to worst, take a break from her and when you come back see where she stands.

I'm only 18 and I can't be with my gf in college, but she believes we'll get through it and I do too. She does have many guy friends and many guys tend to like her because they think she's leading them on, when she isn't. However, I have grown to trust her because her confidence in our relationship is very strong.

18. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

If she isn't willing to wait or work it out then she isn't in love with you. Am I understanding the story right?

19. Clix

Clix New Member

More complicated then just is she willing to do this, is she willing to do that. Its i guess something like she needs that comfort. I dunno. Shes a weird person, I know her well. I mean like she thinks I knew her better than she knows herself, so I know she could do it she just doesnt think she can. Shes a hard headed woman to boot so ill see how it goes. Ive done a couple things since yesterday to maybe get her over the hump. Time will tell. :noes:

Im headed off to boot today, so if something happens ill find out tonight :x: cuase after tonight I wont have nothing but letters to talk to people for the most part.

Cya guys :wavey:

20. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

21. Clix

Clix New Member

I think I found my answer...love lies in shit. If it wasnt hard then it wouldnt be ove. If it wasnt covered in horse shit then whast the fun right?