MMA Where do you see MMA going?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by teep, Mar 12, 2006.

1. teep

teep New Member

I don't mean in terms of becoming mainstream or fighters being endorsed by large corporations like Nike. I'm interested to see where everyone things how MMA will further evolve.
    Royce Gracie introduced bjj as an essential when he dominated the early days in which all you really needed was good wrestling. Now everyone cross trains and even so called "cans" in UFC and Pride are well versed in everything. It's obvious that there will always be better grapplers, better strikers, etc. But what about the next next generation of fighters. Kids who grew up cross training. Imagine a generation of fighters where everyone is a bjj blackbelt and/or a decorated wrestler. Do you think submissions will become obsolete in that people will be so skilled on the ground that the tendancy to stand up fights won't allow enough time for a submission to be set up? Are we going to see an era in which strikers dominate the fight game?
    This isn't necessarily what I personally believe. I just sometimes like to speculate.

2. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Submissions won't become obsolete, but they will happen less as submission defense gets a lot better. We are going to naturally start seeing a lot less mistakes and a lot more techniques that weren't and aren't being utilized working themselves in as others see them effective.