Where do you go meet girls?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Wudek, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Wudek

Wudek New Member

Out of curiosity, where do you guys go fishing? (in a matter of speaking)

Like, in my case, I am searching for a girlfriend at the moment and I was wondering where I could go. I was thinking like Starbucks or something. Clubs are usually filled with girls that want 1 night stands so that's out of the question.

So help me out here :x:

(and how do you approach the girls? Like for example, at starbucks, how do you approach a girl sitting at a table alone? Just ask her if the seat is taken and sit down next to her? lol)

2. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

well, i am female, so i don't pick up on girls, but i have met many females at the bookstore i frequent. ;) they're friends, mind you...

anyways... don't be weird about it, but just sit next to them, and if you catch them looking your way, say hi. i've had many guys introduce themselves and ask me what i'm studying, etc... some i've had other connections with (hobbies, classes) and the conversation flowed from then on.

don't be shy... :)

3. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

I'd recommend either looking around in your classes, or at club meetings that pertain to your interests. It can be 1000x harder to pick up a chick that you don't know a thing about or have anything instantly in common with, than it is to find one in a setting designed for people to have similar intetests.

4. skelm

skelm New Member

Personally I think your UNI campus (if you're in UNI) is one of the best places to go.. and it's easy to get a conversation started as you already have something to talk about ("hey i'm x, so what are you studying").

Sure the library can be good but a lot of girls head there for a common purpose _to study_... It can be hard to strike up a conversation if she has something she needs to get done before the next morning.

Be interesting to see Poc Diablo's suggestions on this :big grin:

5. Wudek

Wudek New Member

Well to hear from a female is fine too, since you're the one being talked to lol.

6. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

church and "true love waits" seminars

FTW!

7. Wudek

Wudek New Member

The thing is, right now, I am not in University. Just finished cegep which is like grade 13 for the rest of NA (i live in quebec, canada...wierd things happen here) and I am actually looking for work right now. So right now, i only work out at my gym, work a couple hours per week at my current job and lay around at home cleaning, practicing on my drums or just lying around.

And, my city is like 100% french which is not great cause I don't want a french gf, frenchies are horrible. I'm bilingual and i prefer english women by a fair margin.

So ya, I want to go looking outside the city if possible, but I have a car and I'm always near Montreal which is full of english people so I don't mind going out to places so i'm not really limited at places to go and the UNI i'm going to next year isn't that far and I can always go there to pick up chicks ;)

8. Wudek

Wudek New Member

Church? you can't be serious, and anyway...people of my age don't go to church anymore. Whenever I go to church, the youngest I see are couples in their early 30s or young kids with their parents.

And, whats " "true love waits" seminars"?

9. lemurballs

lemurballs Don't Look Back In Anger

you dont go out and find a girlfriend, they come out of nowhere.

10. BlazinBlazer Guy

:wtf: :dunno: :confused:

11. BlazinBlazer Guy

:rofl: nice fantasy. You must either be a model or a rockstar with groupies comming out of the woodwork, if you think that's reality.

12. Wudek

Wudek New Member

Ya I guess it can be misleading lol. Ya I made this thread with the knowledge that every single guy in the Vag will come looking lol. Guess it even brought the guys that are already taken too hehe.

13. Wudek

Wudek New Member

I highly doubt many rockstars and models come by looking in OT, especially the Vag section.:rofl:

14. Trisomy21

Trisomy21 New Member

College and MySpace FTW.

15. Coconut Endo

Coconut Endo OT Supporter

If I had to pick one place it would be Whole Foods.

16. BlazinBlazer Guy

My point exactly. :mamoru:

17. Socrates

Socrates New Member

That is definitely false about girls only wanting 1 night stands in clubs.

You're in there, aren't you? Is a 1 night stand all you want?

Single girls are always on the prowl for a potential boyfriend.

18. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Well, here's my take on it.

First, the LAST place to look for a quality woman, in my experience, is online. The reason why I say this is because you cannot accurately determine if you have any in-person chemistry from the beginning. As a result, you may waste days or weeks IM'ing, emailing, whatever only to find that in person she's as quiet as a doormouse. Additionally, I found that most women sent me pictures that were (1) 5-10 years old and (2) the best picture they had ever taken in their entire life and no longer looked like them. If you get head shots only, run (they're fat.)

The places I have met women are simple, and *roughly* in order of occurance/success for me:

1. Walking my dogs (I have two Great Danes, so I meet hundreds of people. Your mileage may vary!)
    2. At after-work outings with co-workers, their friends, or people we met while out.
    3. School
    4. While shopping* - PetSmart, Border Books, grocery store, the mall.
    5. Through friends
    6. At parties
    7. On the Metro (when a woman stands close to you, looks at you, shows signals. This is a tough one to master though.)

* When I was Christmas shopping for the SO there were two women working in stores who were "too" helpful... I got one phone number for practice. Yes, the SO knows. She gives dating advice too!

The trick here for me is a few things:

1. You never know what is going to happen if you get out of the house. So, for that reason, try to get out at least 2-3 times a week.

2. You never know who you are going to meet. So, when you do go out, look good, smell good, and be in a good mood. You want to look at least as good as the woman you want to meet, if not better. Even if it's just jeans and a dress shirt, wear some nice shoes. Women notice shoes.

3. Pay attention to signals. If a female employee comes over to you to talk, there is a good chance she is just being helpful. But we all know how fucking lazy people are. Many employees just don't do anything, they wait for you to come to them. So if a woman walks over to you to help ... be funny. Joke, have fun, flirt a little and see what happens. Does she look you in the eye? Good sign. For me, my MO is to be smart, ask questions they cannot answer, then give 'em shit - in a nice way, of course. ;)

How I met my SO (short story):
    Went to PetSmart, had the dogs with me, dressed for work (slacks, dress shirt, tie, tie chain, dress shoes), and she asked if they knew any tricks. Of course, they did, so she asked what kind of dogs they were. I laughed and told her "Wait, you work in a pet store and don't know what kind of dogs these are?" (I mean, geez, they're GREAT DANES! Everyone should be able to tell!), ended up laughing, she showed a lot of signs of interest. I walked out. I came back next week, same day, talked again and we still had a lot of chemistry so I asked for her number. Called her a week later and asked her on a date. It's be great ever since.

19. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

from now on I will preface all obvious sarcasm with [sarcasm] tags to make it easier...

those seminars are the ones that tell church kiddies to date god and not other people:ugh2:

People of your age dont go to church anymore? WTF?
    (I dont go to church, but people of all ages do to my knowledge)

20. Coconut Endo

Coconut Endo OT Supporter

:hsughno: Wasn't joking.

21. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

I'd agree for the most part.
    I've had by far the best luck with talking to someone, having an intrest grow, and thena relaitonship happens. As opposed to, "Hey, I wanna date that chick", and then 'swooping' in.

22. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

typically house parties are the best, but you have to know the right people.. if you do get the opportunity, always go.

listen to poco. he has good advice. you never know where you are going to meet a really great person, so always look presentable at least, and good when you have the time.

what you need to do is start talking to strangers more. work it in when you are comfortable, and work your way up to chicks you would like to date. be a little extra chatty with the cashier, say I like your scarf/earings/shoes etc... If you are nervous, start with older women and women you arn't attracted to. it will get easier if you practice.

when you meet someone you are interested, remember, she is not your hopes and dreams, shes just a girl. Think fun. joke around. if you get stuck in the super boring routine conversation, shake it up. anything.. tell a funny story, pick on her.

btw, girls are hardly ever looking for just a 1 night stand. it happens but its rare. girls are way more into relationships, even club girls.

23. DramaQueen

DramaQueen New Member

I know most people are uncomfortable with meeting people online...but personally I find it works the best for me...My ex boyfriend of almost 2 years I met online..and the guy I'm currently seeing I met off of lavalife...so you never know...try it if it's your thing!...There are quite a few success stories out there about online dating..

So, good luck!

24. Wudek

Wudek New Member

Thx, ill try to keep this in mind. Go out. I guess I'll have to more often. Just I don't find reasons to go out. I think I might just start roaming around malls and stuff lol.

25. Wudek

Wudek New Member

Lavalife? i thought that was only for quebec people. Gonna go check it now, i forgot about that site.