GUN Where do you buy your ammo from?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Silent, Oct 22, 2003.

1. Silent

Silent New Member

Trying to find places that have some good prices on ammo. Walmart had a .40 JHP valuepack (100 rds) a little while ago for $14.00, but now I can't seem to find anything cheaper than $12.00 for 50 rds. :greddy:

Anyone buy ammo online?

2. mrbill

mrbill New Member

I do the Wal-Mart White Box for 9mm and .45 range ammo. .22LR can be bought anywhere cheap. For .50AE or hollow points, I go to the local gunstore.

3. Redmouse

Redmouse Just looking...

If it wasnt for the Wal-Mart White Box, I'd be shooting once a month instead...or even less...

4. itchiban

itchiban Guest

Wal-mart. Winchester White Box, for target.

For Defense I just go to the gun store and get Federal Hydra's.

5. insanity911

insanity911 AHAHAHAHAH

I make my own.. and i recommend it if you guys shoot a lot

6. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

Walmart White box :o

7. A&P Ace

A&P Ace New Member

I just purchased 2 of those 100rd boxes of .40cal from Walmart the other day. $14.00. They also had some 50rd boxes for around $9.00.

8. RRTX

RRTX New Member

Cheaper Than Dirt :bigthumb: It's nice to only live a few miles from their store. I occaisonally buy from Wal-Mart when they have the good deals on shotgun shells.

9. novass

novass Guest

The cheapest way but dont use handloads in a "self defence " situation , asking for trouble !!

I have use ammo from ammoman.com, fast service and shipping is figured in the the price. When it comes on your visa bill it doesnt say ammo anywere, just a "supply house". If I order in the moring it comes UPS the next day !!

He may not beat Walmart some times but Walmart doesnt sell .50 BMG either !

10. insanity911

insanity911 AHAHAHAHAH

hows it asking for trouble?... my rounds have never failed me.. and between me and my friends we make / shoot over 20k a year in 9, 40,44 pistol calibres, we compete in pistol comps every so often as well havn't had any probs other than 2 squibs out of the entire time which were from the same batch when we were having some probs with the machine
    but thats all sorted out

plus when making your own loads you can do the powder / bullet type to whatever you want...

just yesterday i took 30mins to crank out 300more rounds while waiting for my tvshow to come on

Last edited: Oct 23, 2003
  11. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

12. novass

novass Guest

Its the legal end of the deal. If you end up in court defending your right to protect your self the BAD GUYS will be there claming...

"Mr Brown
    was not happy with store purchased ammo, no he had to go into the dark corner of his garage and load up the deadlest ammo possibe just because he wanted to cause the most damage as possible to this poor defenceless rapest. He not only did he shot him but he planed in advance just waiting for the moment to let loss these flying killer chunks of lead......"

This is the same reason you should not carry a " modified" fire arm. First you will go threw the same BS as above. Plus anytime you are involved in a shotting you can kiss your gun good by for a long time. Would you want a $1500 custom 1911 sitting in some store room while some pencil neck geek plays Rambo with it at 3:00 in the morning?

13. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

better than that $1500 custom 1911 sitting in some case in your house while you sit on a sliding drawer in the morgue. granted, a 1911 is not my idea of a carry pistol, but better than nothing at all. don't fear legal action because you defended yourself. if it's justified self defense, you are in the right. the left may try to make you out to be in the wrong, but i'd easily tolerate that before giving up an option that makes my chances better just because someone might percieve that option as "scary" or more than necessary.