Where can I get DAPC

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Scuba, Apr 19, 2003.

1. Scuba

Scuba New Member

I tried to buy the DAPC from meguiars.com but it wont process my order it has an error. where else can I get it? also btw do i have everything i need. I'm trying to get swirls out of my black truck. this is what i am going to use in this order

1. Meguiars Deep Crystal Car Wash
    2. Dual Action Polish/Cleanser
    3. 3M Swirl Mark Remover Polish
    4. S100 (btw where can order this from on the internet?)

is that everything i need to remove swirl marks?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You can find out where to get DACP locally through www.meguiars.com and find the link to a local Meguiars pro distributer in your area. You might want to consider Meguiars Swirl Free Polish instead of 3Ms since it is slightly less abrasive. DACP should take care of the majority of swirls anyway.

I don't know a specific site that sells S100, but any Harley Davidson dealer site should carry it. You should be able to get it in person at any Harley dealer in your area.

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

If there's no Meguiar's dealer in your area that carries DAC/P or SFP, you can order them both from carparts.com (JC Whitney). That's what I had to do, no one around here carried those products.

4. bmf

bmf Guest

Don't forget the #82 SFP comes in quart sized bottles. That's a lot of polish. Meg's #9 2.0 SMR is exactly the same product as #82 SFP and comes in smaller 16 oz bottles, and its available almost everywhere.

I agree that DACP and SFP/SMR is overkill since the DACP will take out the swirls first. If you want a nice mild polish before waxing, get the S100 SEPC at the Harley store.

5. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Who said it was overkill? I don't agree with that. DAC/P is a stronger cut polish. Yes, it takes out swirls, but a stronger still needs some final polishing to make sure EVERYTHING'S removed.

6. bmf

bmf Guest

If DACP takes out all his swirls, why use a milder polish at all? Its just a waste of product and time. As long as the DACP doesn't leaves swirls itself there is no point in following up with yet another polish. Everyone needs to make that decision on their own based on their individual results after using a product like DACP.

7. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

That IS the point... often times, the DAC/P itself will leave some swirls. However, I understand what you're saying, you need to make an educated decision about what you need before you begin.