GUN Where can I buy surplus .303 ammo?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by willm1, Dec 14, 2005.

1. willm1

willm1 They say, shark in it for the moneys.

I'd like to pick up a Lee-Enfield No.4, but it seems like the massive quantities of surplus .303 ammo have dried up. Does anyone know where I can purchase .303 for a good price? Feel free to post anywhere that has cheap Enfields as well.

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Wow just searched around quick don't see any surplus stuff, guess i gotta start reloading for mine, cheapest I saw was Wolf for $8-9 a box, centerfire may have some there webpage is broken though.

3. willm1

:wtc:

Maybe it will be an sks or mauser this christmas. If I can't afford the ammo, no point in owning the gun at the moment.

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If you got your heart set on an old bolt gun besides the mauser check out the Mosin's ammo aint that expensive. I picked up a nice shooter for $50

5. willm1

I've been looking at the Mosins as well, but they are the least appealing of the major bolt action WWII rifles. They're kinda unattractive. :hs: Though I've only seen pictures, never in person.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Yugoslavian_Model_48_8mm_Mauser_Rifle.html
    Looks like a good value to me. And AIM sells 380 round cases of 8mm for $32.

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I got Mosins one is like new other is the $50 beater that looks like it probably spent its life on the eastern front, there definently not pretty but they go with the rest of my russian inspired weapons collection, k98 are nice like wood color on that one.

7. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

you want a nicer WWII bolt action, check out the swedish mausers, the carl gustafs ones, 6.5x55 swiss, the ammo is still around and the prce isnt bad, the rifles can be found for like 200-300 and are supposed to be very nice and well made, but only the gustafs ones, the other mausers are not as nice

http://www.samcoglobal.com/rifles.html they have them for 169 just scroll down, its the Swedish Mauser M96 Long Rifle Cal. 6.5X 55, i dont have the money nor the time to dive 2 hours each way to shoot it so if i can't get one i might as well show this to you guys

8. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

i have a enflied and mosin and the mosin is down on the looks area, but it still is a rather nice rifle. and the ammo for the mosin will be the cheapest of all the bolt actions in ww2. i got 60 surplus polish rounds for $6 this weekend.

9. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:werd: 7.62x54r is dirt cheap I got tons of it, plus I reload it too, not so much for the mosins but the svd. I think the mosin is probably my favorite of all my WWII bolt guns its the ugliest and the most beat up, but I know it must of seen alot of action who knows what battles it may of been at, that my Garand and M1 carbine I would never part with too much history in them