Where can I buy ONR?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by StuDLei, Sep 17, 2008.

1. StuDLei

StuDLei Death before Dishonor

Im on vacation at my uncles down in GA now and its 70 degrees and cloudy. Its not windy and its not supposed to rain all day either just be cloudy. So Im bored and Ive been reading this forum and decided I want to wash and wax the 350Z, but don't know if you can buy this at like autozone or something? Any other good reccomendations for products I can go to Autozone and buy if they don't have ONR? He's got really hard water here so Im hesitant to use regular car soap. Thanks...Im bored and today would be the perfect day to do this if I can get my hands on the stuff.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

No idea if there is a local Optimum retailer in your area. You might want to register at http://autopia.org and see if anyone there can hook you up with at least enough to wash your car. Just post in the proper regional forum.

No sure what route you are taking home but Optimum is in Memphis.

3. StuDLei

Nah, wanted to do this today. I will definately be buying this shit online though so I can use it at home. Ive read the sticky threads a bunch of times and Ive always been into waxing my cars for years. The "no rinse" just never hit me...like I never really realized what it was or whatever. I watched you youtube vids today too. Im definately going to try this out...looks simple. Prepping the car to wax is the biggest pain in the ass because its a race to get the car dried before you get water spots and then having to rewash it and getting waterspots somewhere else etc. This looks like it will eliminate that.

4. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

yeah, it will. also leaves a really nice finish. i've used a hundred car wash soaps, and nothing leaves a shine like ONR.

5. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

+1 It really does shine well. With a little practice and a routine cars are done in just a few extra minutes than a standard hand wash. Completely worth the wait.

I've actually had customers that thought the car was waxed after I only did the ONR- could have short changed alot of people. Business ethics FTL. :hs:

6. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

lol. I have to admit, though, I do have to do a regular wash at some interval, with a pressure washer or hose. I have this urge to completely flush the water channels and rinse the under-carriage and wheel wells really good. I think a good blasting like that from time to time helps keep things cleaner.

7. StuDLei

I would agree. The biggest bitch is when you want to wax your car. I use soft water even....but I always seem to have water spots when Im done washing. I can deal with a few if Im not preppin to wax...but it seems as though with this I can wash it with ONR...then use ONR as a lubricant for my clay and be ready to wax no problem.

8. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Same here. It has actually convinced several of my customers to order ONR for their own use.