GUN Where can I buy a G17 slide and barrel?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Camp OTE, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Camp OTE

Camp OTE New Member

I didn't realize that a G34 wasn't production legal in IPSC. Want to try to pick up a G17 slide and barrel for a match if its cost effective. Anyone know where I can get one?

2. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

You can't.

3. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Are you shooting international ipsc as in outside of the USA. If your shooting in the USA we shoot USPSA and the G34 is production legal.

4. Camp OTE

Camp OTE New Member

Its in the US. I always thought that the USPSA rules would apply at any IPSC match that I would be at, but someone told me to be sure that I check out the IPSC rulebook for this upcoming match as in make sure you know the differences between USPSA and IPSC.

Screw it. I'll shoot limited if I show up and there is a problem.

5. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Guy is an idiot. We shoot uspsa rules in the united states. You will not shoot ipsc rules unless your in some other country like canada or somewhere in europe. Though we often say ipsc to refer to a uspsa match here stateside we do so because it is easier to say "ip-sick" then it is to say "u.s.p.s.a."

6. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

34 is production legal. Whoever told you that is an idiot.

7. Camp OTE

Camp OTE New Member

8. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

OK that is different. That is a prep match to go outside of the US to shoot ipsc. The world cup is the big world championship and uses ipsc rules. Because we here in the USA shoot uspsa some clubs have a prep match or two for US competitiors going over seas to get dialed in. There are small differences in the rules and different targets (Trapazoid instead of humanoid) that you have to get used to.

I would think that club any other time of the year shoots uspsa rules.

9. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

As Yar stated, IPSC rules are different from USPSA in some regards. That is one of them.

10. Camp OTE

Camp OTE New Member

Thanks guys.

11. AB13

AB13 New Member

I will be going to the next World shoot, wife is stoked, hope it's somewhere cool.

1000 shooters, 36 stages, 600 rounds MINIMUM, 6 days of shooting=rad

12. Camp OTE

Camp OTE New Member

How do you qualify for the world shoot? Sounds fun as long as its somewhere cool.

13. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I really don't care for international ipsc. It is not like uspsa where they have these big intricate field courses. They have lots of little speed shoots and standards.

With the world shoot it would be cool to go once. The pagentry of the whole thing where shooter march in with their flags to rep their countries and all that nonsense. Looking like the olympics and everything. Then they have native dancers of host company perform etc.

Me I rather go to a big 3 gun match stateside. Pistol matches are just not enough shooting. MGM ironman 2.5 days, 3000 rounds between 3 guns.

14. AB13

AB13 New Member

Family guy perspective, I want a reason to travel outside of the country with my family, and shooting would be icing. I want it to be somewhere cool, like Bali, Ecuador, or somwhere in Spain.

I know about there stages, and although I love me some field courses, my strength is in the fast/high speed/transition stages. That's when I'm really in my element, I will usually always win the fast/transition stages round here and can hang with some of the GM's around here.

Hey, I'm planning a family trip next year to visit family/friends in San Diego, what's the big pistol match in San D? I'm also thinking of shooting the Florida Open with a couple of other guys from my club next year.

15. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

There are some serious club politics stuff going on at the san diego club. The club pretty much split into a 3 gun faction and a pistol faction. The uspsa match has been struggling for some time in terms of innovation. I would say if your in San Deigo make the drive up to Norco if you want to shoot pistol. They have a uspsa match every saturday and there are like 80 -120 shooters and plenty of competition. It's flip-sic hoser field course stuff. You'd probably like it.

16. AB13

AB13 New Member

yeah, but fuck a club match, I'd like to shoot a level 2 or better match so I can scores me some swag.

17. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

As far as pistol matches go in So cal there is steel challenge. that's the only pistol match I can think of that you can get some loot. We used to do sectional matches where there were some decent prize tables but not so much any more. With all the pistol shooters you'd think there would be some bigger pistol matches. Mostly people here have to drive to rio salado, centeral or northern cal to get a bigger pistol match. Yeah it doesn't make sense.

Now 3 gun is different. We got have the CA series which really should be the So cal series as 90% of the shooters are from So Cal and we make a trip or three up to central Cal where again dominated by So Cal shooters. Northern Cal is weak in number of shooters, and real 3 gun clubs. You see some pretty good prize tables at So Cal 3 gun matches.

As you've discovered you have to travel to get good matches and good prize tables.

This gets me thinking. I don't see you posting bout loot you get off the prize tables. You holding out or what. I at least share the love and make some $$$ at it too.