SRS When you think it just can't get any worse...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by FusionZ06, Feb 15, 2008.

1. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

It does get better...

I promise! I've been dealing with tons of health issues these past 20 months and its been a huge burden. Lost my gallbladder, had tons of other procedures, 10 doctors later and no answers. Finally found out I had Strongyloides Stercoralis. It's a nasty parasite and messes you up bad.

Well these past 20 months have been the hardest of my life. I've had to go through so much...I knew I wasn't crazy but most of the doctors didn't listen to me. It wasn't until I started doing weekly stool tests for my dietician and then was referred to an infectious disease doctor that they found out what was going on.

My whole life I've been a Christian, went to Christian school, grew up in church but over the years I somewhat "lost my way". During this whole health battle I really grew close to the Lord. I really understood how Job and Paul felt. I understand so much more why I'm here on earth and to be greatful for every day.

Just the other day I got into Shands @ UF which took me 6 months. Met with 3 docs who then in turn met with 5 other ID docs and now my case is being presented to 30 other ID docs at a meeting on this Wednesday. I feel like I'm finally coming to the end of this long tunnel! It felt like forever! I never gave up...I wanted to on several occasions. Starting law school last year was the hardest thing in my life. I was 4 days post surgery and had to start.

My point in all of this is that there is peace there is hope. It's hard to explain but God really does give you a peace of mind about the whole situation. When you are close to Him he lets your mind rest even when your body is in extreme pain. I still have a good battle ahead of me getting my immune system back up, gaining back my 30lbs, and putting back on some muscle. But I can do it!

A verse that has comforted me through all of this is Psalm 37:5 "Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."

I feel that it is necessary to share this with so many of you who are hurting.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Even if you suffer on this earth you are not alone, Christ has been through everything we have and God promises eternal life through Christ. If you'd like to know more I encourage you to post up and or PM me.

I wrote a song a few months back when I was feeling horrid. I grabbed my guitar and started playing. I cried to God and wrote this...

This is the condensed version - If I typed my whole story I would definitely get a :mb: :o

2. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

That's great that it works for you and your beliefs gave you the strength to stay positive.

3. Exiled

Exiled New Member

4. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

And keep taking pictures dude :bigok: OTAP crew

5. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Glad to hear you're feeling stronger.

6. SpectreMatrix

SpectreMatrix New Member

Glad you are doing a bit better

7. doggystylin

doggystylin New Member

lmfao

but yeah man, you bring hope to this forum, thanks for sharing a positive story :x:

8. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Fusion, I am LOVING your post :h5: My best friend is going through some hard core health problems right now and her doctors are telling her they can't find anything wrong. We are both Christians and I can't wait to pass your post on to her- I know it she will find strength and hope from it. Thanks Fusion :hug: So glad you're feeling better :big grin: