When you guys go places...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Lick Harrass, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Lick Harrass

Lick Harrass New Member

like stores and stuff, where do you park? In a regular parking spot? In NY, I haven't seen any motorcycle spots that some people I've spoken to in Cali tell me about, so those are out. I'm sometimes afraid of parking in a regular spot bc I think someone my not be paying attention and just fly in and hit my bike. Also, I want to ride my bike to work on occasion, but worry about all the goddamn shopping carts. Problem is, they're all over the lot, and no one brings them back, so I'm again, afraid someone will hit it with one. Any tips you guys can provide besides dont ride my bike to work? :rofl:

Thanks

2. ragnarok

ragnarok nuclear launch detected

i park at the front close to the entrance but away from pedestrian traffic.. some places (like movie theaters and 24hr fitness) have special bike only lots at the front and i'l use those.... also i have comp insurance, else i would only park my bike in the garage

3. Tom93R1

Tom93R1 Member

I park in the odd shaped spots at the end of a row with the angled slashes through it. Last time I did though somebody saw me and told me they got a ticket for that recently so now I dont know.

4. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

In the bicycle rack :mamoru:

I have to lock my bike to something since it doesnt have a steering head lock or a keyed ignition even.

5. Subie Driver

Subie Driver Eye see what you did there.

I do that when I can, but not all prking lots have those. At work, they have motorcycle parking, but otherwise, when I have to park in a normal spot, I park as far toe the entance of the spot as I can, so it's easier to see. If I pull all the way forward, then it would be too easy for someone to not see it untill they are pulled into the space.

6. Frequency

Frequency New Member

we just had motorcycle parking put in, not properly but its there and really out of the way no one uses it but i normally park either on the ends where i can be seen or off in the middle of fuckign no where wher ei can be seen at work,. it all depends ont he lot really

7. HMan

HMan grossly deformed

Not smart. Those are spots left open for one of two reasons.

One, so that people pulling out have a "buffer" so they don't have to try to look around the last car in the lane.

Two, and most commonly, they are to give room for ramps and lifts on handicapped vehicles.

I can't count the number of times I've seen bikes sitting in those spots with a parking ticket on the bike.

8. HMan

HMan grossly deformed

BTW, just park in a regular spot and make sure to stay back towards the back of said spot. That way a car sees you before they go whipping in.