When someone is dating different people at once

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BoomerP, Jun 17, 2009.

1. BoomerP

BoomerP New Member

I read that as a sign of not being interested and move on.
    What do you think about this, is it something regular people do?

It's odd hearing. You will ask like, so what are you doing this weekend and he/she will say Oh I got another date. Hmmm... wtf okay :o
    What do you say to something like that. Either they are picking carefully from a list of candidates to see who goes next to round two, being strangely honest, playing some game or a not very subtle way of saying not interested.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  2. NCS

NCS Active Member

it could be a lot of things. when i do this its just being honest that i want the single lifestyle for a while.

3. BoomerP

BoomerP New Member

But then why go dating instead of just going to a bar or something

4. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

shes being a bitch and just enjoying the "single life" which for girls usually means going on casual dates with many guys whereas guys usually cant pull that off

theres a diff between seeing who you like more, usually they wont just flat out say "oh i have another date..."

and why not just a bar? single lifestyle doesnt always = one night stands for people

5. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

because I want to enjoy 1 person's company and have sex. Is it that hard to understand ?

6. PcH

PcH Guest

Nothing wrong with "playing the field" (multiple dates in this case) when you're single. Her mentioning it to you is something though. Maybe trying to see your reaction.

7. MCohen

MCohen #NotMyPresident #AmericaIsAlreadyGreat #GoSolar OT Supporter

This is why you fail and he/she doesn't.

He/She is doing exactly what he/she is supposed to be doing and playing the field because he/she is single. He/She has no obligation or commitment to you or anyone else.

If a girl told me that, I'd find a witty or funny way to tell her she'd have a better time with me if she skipped her date.

8. THoC

THoC New Member

"dating" is a funny thing. bc YOU SHOULD play the field.

when im single i will "date" a few girls at once. if i have plans to chill w. one and the other asks what im doing i simply say "im hanging out w. a friend".
    i dont come straight out and say "i have a date w. another girl. sorry, how about tomorrow?".

however, if a girl asks me if im "dating" anyone else i will be honest w. them.

the kicker.... if im "dating" a girl and i find out she may be "dating" others i will end it.

9. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Holy shit. Perfectly said and totally agree 110%.

fact of the matter is, he/she has no obligations or commitments to you in any way at this point.

10. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

wtf sense does that make?

11. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

I'm dating two girls right now and I actually like both of them a lot. If i could combine the best elements of both id have an an incredible girl, but I can't so I just alternate. :dunno:

Sucks, because obviously it can't last and someone is probably going to get hurt in the end. :hs:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  12. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Unless you both have communicated that you want it to be an exclusive relationship, always assume the other person is playing the field.

13. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

:werd:

14. D7

D7 OT Supporter

Its regular unless you're particular about who you date, in which case you're probably only dating one person at a time.

If a guy tells you he's going on a date, he wants you to be jealous and he likes you more than you like him. If a guy said that to me, I'd probably say "good for you" :rofl: and like you said, move on because I won't play games.

Its not a subtle way of saying not interested; men will either stop calling or take it down a notch on their own. Never ever will they verbally tell you they're not interested.

15. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

yeah you don't say "oh I can't im going on a date with someone else that night" You also don't typically make up excuses either though.

I'll usually leave it as "I have plans on xxxday, how about yyyday?"

16. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

This is why this whole dating multiple girls sucks.

17. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

But what are you going to do? I couldn't say "Hey, you seem really cool... could i date this other girl for a while and see how that goes and then call you if it doesnt work out?"

Most of the time they don't turn out to both be viable options, and it works itself out. Just got unluckily lucky this time.

18. BoomerP

BoomerP New Member

That's what I was thinking. I'm not sure how I reacted exactly then, but a few days later I gave her the oppertunity to stop seeing me and just be friends or something and she didn't take it

She can do whatever she wants, I just found it weird that she would not understand why that bothered me. Or maybe she did know that bothered me and said it still... ahhh confusing.

Yeah that's what I think too. I don't want to play the field, I want to concentrate on one person. Suck at multi tasking. This actually started a couple of months ago and I've given her plenty of oppertunities of stopping cause I kind of felt like a third wheel. But every time she's like ohhh no I like you really and I didn't mean to upset you.
    She is busy and works alot, I guess that is why this stage has lasted so long. I haven't been actively pursuing it though cause of the things I've said earlier.

Yeah sounds rude or weird :p

19. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

When you're dating multiple people at once, it means you're not specifically sure about any single one of them, and your continuing to date until you're sure you click with one person over another. that is all :)

20. NCS

NCS Active Member

well i guess 'dating' is a big word.

i dont really do one night stands. its a lot of investment for little return. i prefer to see people on a repeat basis.

21. Dodger Blue

Dodger Blue OT Supporter

I don't see anything wrong with it. If you are dating 2-3 people you're going to sooner or later find a better match.

My friend and this girl he's dating are both doing this. The only problem I see is if you're not honest about the whole situation. If you're going to sleep with more than one of them I think you should let them know about them not being the only one.

Maybe you don't need to come right out and tell them but if they ask if you are sleeping with anybody else you should not lie.

22. Jarg0n

Jarg0n New Member

Sounds like my one-sided thinking.

23. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

why would that be better?

maybe not for you, but for many people, there are enjoyable experiences that are in between "fuck a stranger" and "fall in love".

24. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

At least they're being honest about it.

Or possibly trying to make you jealous (game playing, red flag).

Or saying that you haven't committed yet.

25. JamesL

JamesL wat

Wait.... wat? :rofl: