When people ask for advice in here...........

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by lick wid nit wit, Jun 24, 2005.

1. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

can we PLEASE not be so judgmental on them, no matter how dumb they may be?

I know I have been guilty of this in the past but shit. If a guy gets his girlfriend pregnant and they decide abortion is the best route for them, who the hell are other OTers to get all self-righteous on them and tell them they don't have the right to do that?

While I'd rather see someone put a baby up for adoption than abort it, I know that this isn't always going to be the best case for everyone involved and how dare I preach to someone else what I think they should do in a situation like that? If they ask for my opinion, fine. I'll give it to them. But I won't force my pro-life or pro-choice opinion on someone if they're not asking for it. Especially when someone I don't know comes into a forum like this asking for help or stating WHAT THEY'VE ALREADY DECIDED WHAT TO DO.

And yeah, I've probably opened a huge can of worms here. I don't intend for this thread to become a huge-ass pro-life/pro-choice thread. But I'm sure that is what it will become anyways.

./prepares for trainwreck to ensue

2. Darrin

Darrin Eat. Sleep. Arrest People.

most people here in this forum are cool, and leave anything judgemental/stereotypical back in the OT forum.

i love this forum, i think its brilliant, and want to help as many people as i can, in the hope they'll also help me

3. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

No one should force their opinion down anyone elses throat.......this isnt the place and baggerin someone for a stated decision wont be tolerated. If anyone wants to try to debate pro-life vs pro-choice, please does so in On-Topic, not here. Thanks :) And as always, a good fellowship should be maintained. We have different aged posters here, people livin different lifestyles, people havin experienced different things.....such a mix of people is what keeps the Vag movin. Please, if you have somethin constructive to say, by all means, offer advice, share your experiences, give your input. However, if the post you are about to make serves no other purpose then to egg-on drama, take it over to the main forum. :)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2005
  4. lick wid nit wit

My point exactly. But sadly enough, it happens.

People who are dumb enough to be asking for advice on this kind of stuff really shouldn't be fucking but that's kinda wishful thinking, isn't it?

5. lick wid nit wit

That's why I posted this thread. :)

6. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

I know, just backin you up :wavey:

7. JohNny T

JohNny T Guest

True dat, I know I wouldn't... but that's just my opinion...

8. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

I think the opinion's of people here are good. It seems we get a mix of things, and I think thats what people are looking for.

However this forum is for relaitonship/sex advice. Let it go there. If you want to bash on someone's personal belief's/choices...take it somewhere else.

Abortion is a sensitive issue, it amazes me how the pro-life people seem to be the one's hurting people on the issue. Think about it, why would someone want to bring a child into the world with 1-sided people like that? I wouldnt. Giving people advice is what this forum is about, and sometimes people dont like the advice they get. Telling people how to live thier lives...thats not for here, and people arent going to listen anyways. You just make yourself look like a jackass (believe me I know, I do it alot unintentionally :) )

9. lick wid nit wit

This is true.

There are pro-life people out there that don't come off like jackasses but it seems that any time anyone posts a thread saying they are really young, scared and pregnant and they say they are going to have an abortion, the pro-lifers just haze them.

Look people. The person has already made up their mind and someone YOU HAVE NEVER MET having an abortion is clearly not going to affect you. While I'df rather see them have the child and put it up for adoption, I know that is not always possible and safe, clean abortions should always be available.

10. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Yikes, Im just gonna remove what I said...I dont want to make this an abortion debate...thats for On Topic. Just realize that most of these pro-life people have never been in a postion where they had to make this decision.

I also dont consider a medical abortion, and abortion. Surgical on the otherhand I do believe should be illegal. Maybe its a double standard??

Just realize with this topic, and all others in the vag... PEOPLE ARE RAISED DIFFERENT. My beliefs certainly arent all of yours, and I doubt many people are going to agree with me on most of the things I say. Thats the beauty of this place! We can share our opinions, agree on some and disagree on some. I like seeing how other people come to thier conclusions, and just because I disagree doesnt mean they are wrong...just that they were taught different.

Most people (besides me ;) ) dont have evil intentions! Remember that when flamming someone. I will try to do the same. Also remember sarcasm is hard to catch on the internet. Its not worth getting all bent out of shape about though. We are pretty much all strangers, and will probably all stay that way. Dont get to offended!

11. sipherx

sipherx Jamesl.info

I try to give my opinion without ever shovin it down someones throat, althought it gets hard sometimes cause sometimes people are so stupid they need some sense talked into them that way they will straighten up.

12. lick wid nit wit

I'm not offended at all. I just think it's pretty disgusting when a person comes in here asking for help and then decides that if that is indeed the case that the girl is going to have an abortion. Then all the people against abortion get all high and mighty on the poor couple. THAT is what disgusts me.

It's not my life and it's not my situation but if it were and I was that young, I know *I* wouldn't want a bunch of people I didn't know getting all pious on me. they've made up their minds. Leave them be. It doesn't affect you in any way, shape or form.

13. lick wid nit wit

I agree, they needed some sense talked into them. They were too young to be screwing. But people coming into the thread and telling them that what they were planning on doing was WRONG WRONG WRONG! was, I don't know, pretty disgusting. If you don't agree with it, fine. Don't get all self-righteous on them. It's not your life and your decision to make.

14. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Yea I didnt have kinda words to the reactions of some people in that thread either. People that react like that are worse than any scared kid who has ever had an abortion.

15. BTA

BTA New Member

But thats what pro-lifers do. They are bible thumping zealots whose sole purpose in life is to push their beliefs on other people.

16. -=Likwid=-

-=Likwid=-

If you guys want the offensive comments to stop or at least slow down, then PM me or any of the other Vag mods with a link to the post(s). We'll take care of it from there. We do the best we can, but it's time consuming to go through every post to scan for BS...

17. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Not true, there are many people that are pro-life that have no church or religious affiliation. Some people just have different 'morals'. However morals need to be put in perspective, as each person is going to be taught things different.

Sadly more often than not you are correct about the bible thumpers though. I was in church for 20 years of my life...now I cant stand it because it makes me sick how the church treats those who disagree. Thats a whole nothing topic for a completely different part of OT.