When looking for a SO..

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by narcisis, Mar 31, 2008.

1. narcisis

narcisis Active Member

When seeking a potential SO does credit factor come into play? Just curious.. I find this to be incredibly shallow. :ugh:

2. Vanilla Tarantino

Vanilla Tarantino OT Supporter

I dated a girl that had absolutely no self-control over her money spending habits. She would get her student loans, go on a shopping spree with a few hundred of it, then be low on cash at the end of the quarter leaving me (also a student) to pay for all of our food for almost a month.

So from now on, yes, how a girl handles her money will be a factor I consider in potential SOs. Why do you consider it shallow? I don't want my credit ruined or to be relied on entirely to support the relationship financially.

3. Taker

Taker 找死吗?

how she handles money reflects on other things as well

4. eta873

eta873 New Member

dot.

I know a trader at Merrill Lynch, excellent with money, I don't know why but it's a turn on. She herself doesn't have much because she just started but it also shows general self control. I'm not saying be rich, I couldn't care less about how much money they have in the bank, just don't be in tons of debt and don't spend it frivolously on stupid shit, otherwise that makes me think you'll spend the money I worked so hard to save/invest if we got together. I think it's perfectly fair, actually, but judging someone on how much $ they have in the bank can be viewed in a negative light too (goldigger, etc). depends on how you look at it.

5. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

at the beginning for me.

6. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Why in the world does this seem shallow to you? You're saying we shouldn't look beyond personality and looks when searching for a SO?

As mentioned above, spending habits are a huge reflection on many other habits. I think the same can be said about weight as well. Generally girls that are overweight have self control issues. Self control issues could be excessive eating/poor health, money spending habits (always eating out instead of cooking at home), etc.

If a girl can't manage her money (whether it is a lot or a little) then they aren't someone I want to get serious with. I don't buy things I can't afford and I expect my SO to be the same way.

7. lauren

lauren Active Member

it didn't until i had a bad experience, lol.

8. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I'm not attracted to people who can't take care of themselves or handle the responsibility of a credit card.

9. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Someone get falconer up in this thread. One of the biggest turn ons for me right now for the girl I'm talking to is that she makes about the same amount of money as me and has similar spending habits. She's not fucking buying purses and makeup all day long, but managing her money so she can live on her own.

10. VibraNation

VibraNation www.VibraNation.com

depends... but mostly. yes.

11. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

As long as he has a job and isn't a broke deadbeat who can't handle money for shit...I'm good with him.

12. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

I'd like a girl who can manage money, but I'm not going to make that a deal breaker. I find myself having trouble saving money sometimes and have to rethink some spending alot of times. I'm not very money smart by nature, but I try my best and having an SO that is good with money would help me learn to be smarter with money I'd imagine.