SRS When it rains it pours

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mistergixter, Oct 9, 2008.

1. mistergixter

mistergixter New Member

I am new to the Asylum, I usually hang out in the Vag but this is not really Vag related.

Today is just a shitty day. My ex got pissy and hates me because I did not wish her a happy birthday. Work was shitty, doing bull shit work and making silly mistakes. Too much home work tonight. Now my buddy complains that I don't play NHL09 enough because he needs an outlet.

What did I do to karma to get fucked in the ass?

Details about me:
    26 male
    Live with mom, who supports 3 kids on average income in Ca
    part time job
    full time school
    single
    small group of friends

I feel like I am not where I should be but can't find the motivation to do something about it.

I need to go smoke a cigar.

2. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

:hug: Hand in there. Sometimes you really need to tackle things one at a time.
    She's your ex for a reason, and I see no reason for her to get upset over you not wishing her a happy birthday. That being said, you should not worry or upset yourself over the way she acted.

As for your buddy, explain to him your situation, and let him know that as much as you would love to spend time with him and help him with his situation, you have your own needs and troubles. Maybe set up "guy time" once or twice a week (depending on your schedule) with him to play NHL09 and vent about problems/issues. This might give you both what you need without him feeling neglected.

As for school, homework sucks, you're right. Try to stay on top of it and don't leave things until last minute. This way you'll eliminate that stressed out, procrastinating feeling which could be leading to all your silly mistakes at work and overall feeling of ickiness.

Lastly, you say you are not where you should be, but where is it that you envision you need to be? You need to make this place clear to yourself. Then, muster up all your motivation, as hard as it may be, to take small steps to get there. You can't tackle everything and travel around the world in one day. Taking small, measurable steps toward your goal will be more beneficial and allow you to see changes. This can only add to your motivation to get to where you want to be. Good luck!

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

There was this game called Shark-bay , you had to do a lot of effort and run very quickly to prevent the shark from biting you in the ass. Life is pretty much the same, if you sit and do nothing the shark (called life) will bite you, making you feel extremely miserable. So the conclusion is:

-Life is survival, you have to take serious action if you don't want to get fucked over.
    -Working hard alone is stupid, you have to play it extremely smart as well.
    -For everything that you want in life, a sacrifice of effort is required.

In life we don't have the luxury of standing still, because the shark will come soon. Even if you end up ahead, that shark is still coming.

Im sorry about all the shark stuff, i've dreamt of being chased by a shark last night. :o:noes:

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:ugh:

No offense, but your problems don't sound that bad. Sounds like you are just whining that the world is out to get you when really you are just living life.

Why do you talk to your ex girlfrend anyway? You shouldn't give a shit that she gets pissy at you for not giving her attention, birthday or not. As for your work, that's not the end of the world. Is it the job you dislike or just that days work? Homework always sucks, just make sure to stay on top of it and it wont pile up; then you can't bitch! How much NHL09 does your friend play? Is it enough so that you just aren't interested? I am not really following the problem there.

You life isn't going to get awesome for no reason, you have to work to make your life the way you want it. If you say you don't have the motivation to change it then you shouldn't be allowed to bitch because you have all the power.

5. mistergixter

mistergixter New Member

Do you follow me everywhere IWYWB?

My problems are not bad at all. Compared to some of the stuff that I glanced at in here.

Life is short and you have to work at it to accomplish things.

Shoeprincess made some good points. Start taking small steps and going from there.

Really is my life so bad? I am fortunate enough to be in college working towards a degree.

I just need to suck it up and attack life.

Thanks for all the posts, it helps.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:h5:

PS-I didn't follow you, I frequent here as well :)

7. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

The scale of a problem shouldn't be the trigger to the question on wether we will help you or not. This because there's always going to be people who have it worser or easier then you, we can't base our help giving on that. We help anyone who really needs help. What is truelly important is that the problem matters to you and is relevant for your life, that's why your problems are important too no matter what size or how significant or insignificant they may seem.