LGBT When is too soon?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by MLH, Apr 27, 2005.

1. MLH

MLH New Member

Ok so I have been dating this new guy for the past month or so, and grant it, he is 9 yrs older than me.....not my typical dating but he is such a sweatheart and a gentleman.....
    I practically sleep with him everynight and we fall alseep cuddling and what not, but we havent done anything except kiss...I have no problem with that but I feel at times like nothing will happen past that because things get heated and then he sort of backs away....
    I don't want to think he is hiding something or maybe is insecure about himself around me.....but i just dont get it....and i am scared to make the first move and he thinks i am some ho or something....
    what do you guys think?

2. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

That seems kind of odd. Maybe he's afraid that if you guys go further, it will assume commitment and he may be afraid of commitment?

3. MLH

MLH New Member

See I dont think its that, because I know majority of his exes and they dated for yrs...so i know he is a long term relationship type person....I dont know, I am about to go have lunch with him and it would be hot to have a midday love session, but oh wait my boyfriend wont let me!!!! Blar!!!! haha until next time.....

4. Team503

Team503 Guest

Why don't you ask him about it? You're college aged, he's close to 30, he should be able to handle discussing the issue like an adult. :)

5. MLH

MLH New Member

Okay! He turns 30 in a week and I feel like the one to want to talk about things more....that is a problem i think..but I dont want to jump to conclusions....But yeah, I am about to go mattress shopping, clothes shopping, and then out to dinner so that will give me alot of time to call him out about this topic..thanks for the advice...holla

6. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

...my lover and I dated for several seeks without him giving up the goods. He'd tease me with kissing, spooning, and sleeping over, buuuut he wouldn't give up the dick. He felt that by bypassing the 'developmental dating' that happens with str8t relationships, we would build a stronger relationship. Only, he didn't really articulate this with me, saying only that he was hurt in the past and wanted to take it slow. And it almost failed, as I left work frustrated one day to visit Ferron and Taylor, almost ready to break up with him.

I'm happy that they advised me against it.