When I set my desktop res higher then 1024x768 it pans...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SHIFT_blue, Nov 1, 2006.

1. SHIFT_blue

SHIFT_blue OT Supporter

First off I have an ati radeon x1600 pro.

Now when I set my desktop resolution higher then 1024x768 shit goes off the screen and it pans when I move the mouse in that direction.

This shit is annoying and it wont let me set the REAL resolution to what I want.

How the heck do I get around this? The monitor can do it even though it isnt recommended. It was at a higher res on another computer.

2. 7960

7960 New Member

out of curiousity, what is your monitor?

3. Zak8022

Zak8022 New Member

That happened to me on my boss's old Gateway laptop. The vid card let me set it higher than the monitor could show all at once. I just assumed it was a shitty old comp, since i'd never experienced that before.

4. Slid.

Slid. I'm a guy.

I think that only happens if you have too many icons on your desktop to fit under that resolution? It does it so that you can see them all (by panning).

5. Tom93R1

Tom93R1 Member

if your monitor doesnt support any resolution higher than 1024x768 (like some LCD's or ancient CRT's) that is what happens.

6. hyukki

hyukki ._.

Yeah. Sounds like your monitor is the problem... Let me guess, you have a 15" right? :p I have a 19"... which doesn't let me get to 1600x1200, and it scrolls around when I move the mouse near the edge of the monitor.

BTW, I have an x1600 pro as well. I don't really like the card. I shouldn't have gotten this card.:squint:

7. SHIFT_blue

SHIFT_blue OT Supporter

Ok so I installed some drivers from a higher model monitor.... I guess the monitor cant handle it.

Yep its a 15in LCD. Got it for really cheap. Now I see why. Oh well, guess Ill use it for my cd/dvd burning comp.