SRS When does it get easier?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by epracmetcon, Nov 1, 2009.

1. epracmetcon

epracmetcon New Member

Its been three weeks since my ex broke up with me. Pretty much broke up with me for another guy even though she says she didn't. She was really the first girl I ever 100% loved and gave all my heart to. I am having a really really tough time with this and I seem to be more emo every day. I never cry about anything, but this whole situation has turned me into a big baby. She was my best friend.

I have been going out with friends almost daily, going out with a girl for dinner tonight. It just seems like my heart is breaking even more on a daily basis. I have a hard time concentrating on anything when I am out or doing anything.

I know it just takes time but I don't know what to do with myself in the meantime.

2. schmitty101

schmitty101 You might remember me from such films as "Dig your

3 weeks is nothing.

Took me about 4 months before I finally stopped feeling like a baby, and at 6 months before I officially declared myself over it. I think you never actually get "over" someone, eventually you just find a good enough reason to move on with your life. That person will always have a place in your heart. My ex left me for someone else too, we were together for 1 year and 2 months.

How long were you with her?

3. epracmetcon

epracmetcon New Member

Year and two months...lol

We were talking about getting married, shit, we were discussing a date 3 days before she broke it off with me.

I know I will never totally be over her, but I just don't know what to do with myself right now. And knowing her, I have a gut feeling that she will be back when it doesnt work out with this guy and I don't want to get over her and then her try some bullshit like that.

4. schmitty101

schmitty101 You might remember me from such films as "Dig your

What? Not long enough for you? Good luck buddy.

5. epracmetcon

epracmetcon New Member

just found it funny that, that's how long you and your ex were together for too..

6. Thomas Crenshaw

Thomas Crenshaw New Member

talking about getting married probably bugged her out. how old are you?

7. epracmetcon

epracmetcon New Member

I'm 25 she will be 25 in a week. She was the one that always brought it up..

I'm not so concerned with why she did it because I feel I will never really know. She said it was because of a bunch of reasons and not because of this guy. She started running to him though the last week of our relationship because we fought a few times. I think dood is a rebound.

I honestly dont care anymore. I would love to have her back in my life but and my heart wants her but my mind is telling me not a good idea. I am just trying to get through this and it doesn't seem to be getting any easier at all.

I just don't want to get over her then have her come back when this guy doesn't pan out. I am really scared she is going to try to and I don't want to be hurt again by her..

8. Normie

Normie The TBW weight loss plan worked for me! OT Supporter

Double the length of time you were together, and thats usually how long it takes you to completely forget about them...

It goes faster if you don't sit at home and obsess about it..

9. epracmetcon

epracmetcon New Member

Yea, I went out for a pizza tonight with a girl that we kind of had a thing for each other right before I started dating my ex and nothing ever came of it because I started dating her.

Really really helped me. Not that I am going to jump into a relationship with any new girl or anything but it was just good to get out and talk with another female one on one. My ex never even crossed my mind the two hours we were there.

10. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:bigthumb:

11. Lazy D.

Lazy D. Active Member

ya think ? I fucking hope it doesn't take me 18 years to completely forget about my ex.

12. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Have you cut all contact with her and deleted her from all the social networking crap so you don't hear about her life or stalk her? That's the most important thing for making it easier.

13. epracmetcon

epracmetcon New Member

Yes I did.

14. Toxica

Toxica New Member

I've always heard it was half the length, not double. So if you went out for a year, it'd take about six months.

Not that that's true in every case...

15. Daria

Daria New Member

to the TS, what you described about the end of your relationship, her leaving you was definitely for the best. Her heart was not in it. Do not waste any of your emotions on her anymore. The sooner you realize how important it is to move on with your life, the sooner the pain will end.

16. epracmetcon

epracmetcon New Member

Yea I realize what you are saying. Just tough when the girl tells you what day she wants to marry you then a week later she breaks up with you. Then two weeks later she has pictures up on her facebook of her and dood.

I'm going to be salty as fuck if/when she tries to come back to me.

17. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

Man this thread is not what I needed to read about. lol. I had an ex I dated for 5 years, from 13 to 18. We broke up and it took me a good year to not think about her all the time. I istill to this day Love her and I'm 22. I'll always love her or that part of her I have. She is always going to be that beautiful women I spent so much time with. Same with my latest ex. While shes a fucking whore and I hate how she treated and such I still will always love the way things were for the first year. I'm always going to live with those thoughts and the fact that I don't have either anymore doesn't bother me. I still find that the experiences and times we spent together are special and always will be to me. But that's how life is, I can enjoy those and know that I'll have many more with someone else.

18. Lazy D.

Lazy D. Active Member

there are no ifs and whens. She'll never be back. Once you realize that and stop waiting for her to be back, you'll feel better.

19. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

thanks for this thread. sometimes one forgets he's not alone

20. epracmetcon

epracmetcon New Member

I beg to differ. After talking to her when she broke up with me she has done this with previous boyfriends. Then she has gotten back with them after whatever guy she left em for doesn't work out.

The thing is. I don't want her to do that and told her that. I don't wanna be that guy that she settles for.

21. epracmetcon

epracmetcon New Member

:hug:

22. Daria

Daria New Member

That's brutal and cruel. All the more reason to be happy that you don't have to invest any more time in someone like that. She probably realized that the relationship was getting too serious and she wasn't as serious about you as you were about her, so she decided to end it, which would make sense.

Why were you looking in her facebook after you broke up anyways? It's only going to cause you more pain.

23. epracmetcon

epracmetcon New Member

Yea it's cruel, thats why I am having a really tough time with it. Also thats why I really think she just got scared and ran away. I found that she did that with a lot of smaller problems, something came up she couldn't deal with she ran away from it and let someone else deal with it. I was trying to make her deal with her own problems. This is more the reason I think she is going to try and come back. She told me pretty much when we broke up that she has done this before. Talked to another guy, broke up, didn't work out and got back together.

I told her I wouldn't be able to take her back and she says you don't know til it happens. I am honestly thinking about moving away from here just to avoid the situation all together.

I was not on her facebook, a lot of my friends are still friends with her on there and I was told about it. Broke my heart really, I really thought she just needed space from me when she broke up with me. Oh well, fuck her. /rant

24. SimpleAddict

SimpleAddict New Member

I'm going through the same thing. I feel for you dude, take care...

25. epracmetcon

epracmetcon New Member

Damn I was doing good Sunday night and all day yesterday but this morning driving to work flipping radio stations. Seemed like every station I flipped to had a song playing that reminded me of her.

I never thought this shit would be so hard.