MMA when do you think bj will move up in weight class

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by The Ripper, May 26, 2008.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

He just won the title not to long ago and defended against the former champion. Theres not that many people in the division that can hang with penn and he is going to be a dominant champ but the question is how long before he should move up and chase the welter weight title again. There are some good guys in the division but I dont see any one beating him any time soon. I say he should just do 4 more title defenses then go fight GSP for the welterweight title.

2. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

if it was up to bj he would move up in weight for his next fight, it sounded like thats what he wants for his next bout, gsp

3. damiand

damiand Proceed

I'm not sure if 4 title defenses is "just" 4 title defenses, that would take at least the next 2 years, and hed have to win them all.

4. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah but lets see what happens because politics come into play as well. right now in the lw division he is equivalent to anderson silva and GSP. The UFC can make a lot of money by keeping him from fighting GSP. He can make alot of money for them by being the dominant force in 155. They could milk him and gsp for awhile till the fans get bored of both and then throw them at each other when GSP is ready to move up to mw.

I think it would be a smart move to get 4 more fights under his belt and dominate the division before jumping up in weight class. Besides I really want to see him fight the winner of florian vs huerta

5. damiand

damiand Proceed

This is true, however I'm not convinced that GSP will be the welterweight king that everyone is making him out to be. I think GSP has a better chance of losing his belt the Penn does now.

6. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

I dont see it he is gonna steam roll fitch and then hopefully he will get to fight thiago if he can put hughes away

7. kit99bar

kit99bar USPA Class 2, weak, old man!

does he fight at 170 just by not cutting weight instead of gaining 15 lbs of lean body mass (hard as hell to do)

8. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

last fight was short notice but he weighed in a fair amount under 170.

9. turbodude

turbodude Just a photographer OT Supporter

we know that GSP is easily distracted and lets his emotions get in the way. so i dont see GSP be a dominant champ, i see him winning the belt back numerous times, but not defending more than twice in a row.

10. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

he doesnt have a problem with that crap any more. Boy went and hired a sports psychologists and put him on staff. Ever since that he has gone on to dominate josh koscheck, pwnt matt hughes and then beat the snot out of serra. I see him going on to beat fitch and waiting for the next contender to come along so he can do the same.

11. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

I know plenty of fat people with dietitians.

12. ilduce

ilduce New Member

13. TCMS

TCMS OT Supporter

But they are not professional athletes. There is a big difference between your token fat ass who hires someone to help them lose weight, and a professional athlete getting professional assistance for his career.

14. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

weakness is weakness, i dont care who you are, just the act of hiring someone to fix somethign isnt always gonna work. I agree with whoever said that his mental fortitude is his biggest weakness and will be the cause of him losing. Also the only reason i dont see him reigning as long as BJ or anderson.

Although I hope he does.

15. TCMS

TCMS OT Supporter

You're missing the point entirely.

16. roose

roose Guest

He was easily distracted by his cousin dying before his fight with Serra. :ugh2: