When do you ride and who with?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by benji, Mar 14, 2010.

1. benji

benji Active Member

In summer I usually ride after I finish work.. finishing work at 5pm and riding till about 9 to 10 pm. I usually ride by myself as I kind of prefer it but I have two friends I can ride with if I wanted to.

2. bubbaZR2

bubbaZR2 i poop too much, then i get tired... OT Supporter

I pretty much ride anytime anywhere. As long as Im not hauling shit, and the weather is alright, Im riding. Rain and shit doesnt bother me either. Only thing that stops me is the cold.

3. benji

benji Active Member

Same here man.. the cold sucks ass .. can't enjoy riding when your freezing your balls off.

4. 7960

7960 New Member

I ride alone during the week/weekdays, but usually 2 or 3 friends ride somewhere for guy night on Thursdays.

The weekend is for my wife and me, and anyone else who wants to come along. Sometimes it's just us, and sometimes there are 20 of us. It all depends on what's going on that weekend.

5. Teh Jebus

Teh Jebus Active Member

I ride on the weekends sometimes with my friend. Really it's the only time I ride. I hate going to work. Weeee 4 minute ride at 8am.

6. benji

benji Active Member

I ride to work also if it's dry. I don't go out much in the cold/wet - no good.. not enjoyable.

7. slugsgomoo

slugsgomoo New Member

unless there's thick ice, or snow over .5" deep I'm on the bike. I actually have a deal with the people at work who have window offices to let me know if snow starts sticking to the parking lot so I can GTFO before it gets too bad. ;)

Seriously though, aside from times when i'm tired of it, or need to make a costco/groceries run that the tankbag & backpack can't handle, I'm on the bike 12 months a year. I have a pretty dang nice fieldsheer 1 piece that keeps me pretty warm, though at 8*F on the highway, even with thermals and some nice (but thin) sweaters and such, after about 25 minutes it's unbearable. Next winter is heated gear time I think.

On super nice days i tend to take the long way home from work though, and I have some buddies that I ride with on a regular basis on weekends or after work as time allows. My big problem is that I hate random group rides because i have no idea the skill of the other riders, and I don't know if someone is going to pull some jackassery and get us additional unwanted police attention. ;)

8. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

I ride everywhere, anytime and by myself.

My bikes are my primary transportation.

9. benji

benji Active Member

I also forgot to mention my motorcycle of my only form of transport too. Sucks when it rains, sometimes I gotta catch a bus. :(

10. Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens Making Cancer My Bitch OT Supporter

This.

And no winter to speak of here, so year-round as well.

I only have a bike, no car.

11. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

i ride mostly with this group on the weekends

http://www.meetup.com/sandiegosportbikemeetupgroup/

last big ride was a clusterfuck of 90+ people, :rofl: ... had a few crashes ...

other than that, on my own during the week or with about 4 or 5 guys from that group that are really good and dont mind having me follow along to learn from

12. Xtian

Xtian New Member

I usually ride alone, anywhere I just pick up my gps some and some cash. What limits my riding is time and lack of more gear. I can't wait to leave the north so I don't have to worry about this weather.

13. Vendetta

Vendetta New Member

weekends, and some days right after work. Always alone, been riding with friends before, but it's always a stupid mess.

14. CKMustangCobra

CKMustangCobra New Member

My bike is my primary mode of transportation.

I'll only drive if there is crazy hard rain with a lot of wind.

I purchased my recent bike in August and it has over 11k on it now.

15. 7960

7960 New Member

:rofl:

this just is not intelligent

16. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

I've never ridden with anyone... I'm a loaner, most of my real life friends that have bikes don't live close enough to me for us to go for a ride consistently... we have to travel hours to see each other...

9 months of the year I consistantly ride to work at least 3-4 days, and then most weekends I'll do a fun ride

17. Skatergirl

Skatergirl New Member

I ride just for enjoyment. I always ride with my mom, like on our own bikes. We got into motorcycling together. :)

18. b3av3r

b3av3r Member

I commute on my bike when I can, but since I have a daily driver car now I take the car if it looks like it might rain or get cold.

There are only 2 - 3 people I ride with and feel comfortable in a group with, you get a bunch of strangers riding in a group you never know how they will ride or react or whatever, just seems like problems

19. 7960

7960 New Member

riding together doesn't mean you have to be holding formation inches apart. when i ride with friends, we still maintain safe distance.

20. b3av3r

b3av3r Member

I understand that but I have ridden with guys before, friends of friends of friends, who will suddenly decide to split the lane between two cars on the interstate or hit a wheelie or do other dumb stuff and it just brings attention to the whole group. I ducked out of the group and rode on my own not too long after the ride started because of those antics. I would just prefer to ride with guys I know who I know won't do that dumb shit.