When do you call it quits?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by [DWI], Oct 17, 2005.

1. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Those of you have been in relationships, not just flings. How do you know its time to consider calling it off? Is it just you stop loving them? Or do other things just build up to the point where its not worth it anymore?

Like where do you draw the line between working it out and calling it off?

I'd rather not hear the "if you're thinking about it, its probably time." line here.

Thanks

2. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

When I find myself making excuses or trying to find smonething, anything to do in order to no hang out with them. I usually call it quits. When I dont wanna answer their calls because they bore me, its also a sign is time to move on.

3. NJGuy

NJGuy "Fuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmef uckmefuckmefuckmefuckm OT Supporter

When it is becomes harmful or lets say not posistive for yourself or the other person mentally emotionally or physically.

4. krondo

krondo New Member

usually you start getting in fights, some big some not so big mainly tons of littel fights. its usually just not worth it. i dated a girl for 2 years and we ended up just having small arguements 4 or 5 times a week and it wasn't worth it. its also worth it when the girl chooses to party/smoke weed rather than date you ;)

5. low20

low20 Member

agreeing with beast pretty much...if you dont feel like hanging out with them anymore, or if your doing things to occupy your free time to avoid having to hang with them, then its prolly time to throw in the towel...on the other hang if your not sick of them but just alwasy arguing and fighting, but still love to be around eachother, then u gotta sit down and have a chat about whether u both want to be in the realtionship and if so, what needs to change to make things right again

6. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Thanks guy, we're sitting down later this week (when she is back from Maine) and comes to visit me (semi-long distance 1.5 each way, usually see eachother 3-4 times a month) to see if we can talk things out and then to see if we can actually do what we talk about. I'm by no means sick of her, but I am tried of how things have been the last month or two (we've been together for about a year)

7. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

If I am finding myself thinking of reasons to stay in the relationship, then it's time for me. Sorry Dude.

8. rkf76

rkf76 New Member

the reason for calling it off is not as simple as black and white, it's case by case. Now, I break it off when we have the same issue twice. I don't want to be with someone I have to babysit, I know there's gonna be issues, but so long as it's not the same issue over and over we're good:)

9. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

i know its over when i start to cheat on my GF. mentally i'll be out of the relationship, so my penis realizes this, and starts the hunt once again. :hs:

10. Two toys

Two toys New Member

the only relationship i actually decided to end was because we had gone out for a few months mainly for convenience (by this i mean we were introduced by 2 couples and so we made the 3rd, and they always did couply things together and so we joined them) we both didnt see us going anywhere and no feelings were maturing or even developing for that matter so we ended it.

other times ive ended relationships were just because she cheated or like it was a week long thing and obviously didnt mean anything.

11. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

If you just stop loving them...then you never loved them in the first place.

Then you will never be in a long term relationship. Thinks are peachy and perfect all the time, and sometimes it requires work and sacrifice to make things last.

People have to convince themselves to stay married all the time. Sometimes people get in ruts, when its really love, you can convince yourself to stick around until you get out of whatever "rut" you are in.

Your mindset is why most people get divorced or end long term relationships. They are young and think everything has to be perfect, or its not right.

12. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

[

Then you will never be in a long term relationship. Thinks are peachy and perfect all the time, and sometimes it requires work and sacrifice to make things last.

People have to convince themselves to stay married all the time. Sometimes people get in ruts, when its really love, you can convince yourself to stick around until you get out of whatever "rut" you are in.

Your mindset is why most people get divorced or end long term relationships. They are young and think everything has to be perfect, or its not right.[/quote]

I have been in two long term relationships. One for two years, and one for four years. I stayed in both because I knew I wanted to be there, and felt no reason not to be. It's when you don't feel right or you have to make excuses to stay in the relationship is really over. IMO. I don't think that this is a wrong way to do it. I'm not saying things have to always be perfect. When things got bad, I still knew the relationship was right, so I stayed.

13. armond

armond New Member

When you do not feel like coming home, when you get irritated with the person the minute you see them, when sex is just a job...

These are extreme circumstances. I have been in a very long term relationship, with lots of ups and downs. We worked things out several times, and tried different things. But it took 6 years for me to realize she was not the one.

I still love the woman, but I knew/know I was not for her and vice versa.

14. RevBob

RevBob You thought your burning hot steel slide was bad!

After the 75th call that she doesn't answer, then I call it off.

15. dscallaway69

dscallaway69 New Member

Mainly as mentioned before when I just don't feel like spending time with them. When every little thing they do irritates me. I don't know I just get that feeling that things aren't where they are supposed to be and I call it off. Can't really explain it

16. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:eek3: We really need to stop agreeing with each other!
    Marriage/relationships take work. They will NOT always be positive,just like they will not always be negative. It is up to the two of you to make things work.
    Now, you two obviously aren't married so maybe things are different for you. How do you truly feel about her? Do you see yourselve spending the rest of your life with her? Do you ever think about marrying her? basicaly, what is your relationship about, what is the next step the two of youwant to take?
    I actualy found myself thinking about this same question the other day. Not about my marriage, but about my brother and sister in law's marriage (they're divorced now). They worked through so much that I wonder what was that final straw for them? I can't see myself giving everything to my husband to simply wake up one day and realize that life isn't what I wanted or whatever and leave.
    But I'm rambling now sorry:o