When dealing with very shy girls...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Falconer, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I mean really shy and doesn't even respond well to open-ended questions. Normally that's a indicator of low interest but with really shy people it's just them being shy.

A lady I know is trying to set me up with her daughter, who is my age. At first I was like "yeah right" but then she showed me some pics and she's actually really attractive (for a blonde :rofl:). Anyway, her mom told me she's pretty shy and a bit awkward socially, like she was warning me or something. lol. Anyway, it seems this girl is really smart and skipped a few grades, finished college really early, etc. Not only do really smart people tend to have trouble assimilating into society (if you disagree with that statement don't hijack, just don't participate in this thread), but in that case it's compounded because you're always much younger than everyone else in your classes which causes you to never experience "normal" social adaptation with people your own age.

So I like smart chicks, but this may be a bit extreme for me.

How should I proceed? Or should I bail out? I think negs are out of the question here :rofl:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  2. lauren

lauren Active Member

she'll either come out of her shell, or she wont. i wouldn't do anything to make her feel more awkward, or self conscience (poking fun at her, for example, or flirting with other girls)....keeping in mind social aptitude is no indication of self esteem.

don't read too much into anything. action date for sure though.

i could tell you what i like in such situations, but everyone else will shoot me down. :mamoru:

3. :werd:
    Understatement of the year.

My ex was an extremely shy girl. I had to basically break her out of her shell, we mean major shyness on her behalf, note she was not intelligent at all. Shy because she was psycho. I don't know what to tell you, all girls are different.

4. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

simple: shy girls lose you

5. demosnat

demosnat New Member

The bad thing i've found about being in relationships with shy people is that once they 'open up to you' it just...doesn't fucking stop. You are the only person they are comfortable talking to openly with, so you sort of get a few years of pent up speech. As it continues, you again, continue to get an entire social circles worth of conversation, as you are their social circle.

6. NCS

NCS Active Member

im really curious about this. girls where i live are, on a while, much more socially "shy" so i'd like to hear what you guys think.

i usually spend the first 15 minutes being VERY playful, even if they dont play back, and after that point you either make them come out of their shell or leave.

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

omg you're right.

I haven't experienced that in a relationship, but with this kid I tried to be friends with when I was in middle school. I guess he didn't have any friends so he called me like 11ty billion times a day and was always inviting me over and stuff. I hung out with him once, he was really annoying, and then I never talked to him again.

8. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Yeah, in high school I would always try to befriend my AP classmates, and in this odd cute way they were always really like, impressed I guess that I had my own apartment and like, smoked pot and ate mushrooms, so a few of them clung to me after hanging out once or twice. It was so freaking awkward.

9. lauren

lauren Active Member

shy doesn't necessarily mean friendless :hs:

also keep in mind, if she is really shy, she probably wont go on blind dates...making all this a moot point.

10. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

She sent me her myspace.

I don't do blind dates, either.