When are you considered to be a couple?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by tamiyaDrifter, Dec 14, 2005.

1. tamiyaDrifter

tamiyaDrifter Lurker

Just wondering, at what point do you think of yourself and your SO, as being a couple? The first date you went out on? The first time you kissed each other? etc???? Someone said once, that you don't have a "real" relationship until you have had sex or intimate relations.

Just wondering because I feel as though I am giving too little too late. We always hold hands when walking around, usually spoon on the couch and stuff like that, but I've never really pashed her (shes kissed me on the mouth before tho, but not open mouth, it was a goodbye kiss). She invited me to her works xmas party in which the invitation said "to T and partner". I consider her to be a girlfriend, but I'm not sure if she thinks the same. There's no way I'm going to talk to her about it, seeing as it is awkward as hell. We've been dating for like 3 months, and there's been no mention of "anniversaries" by her, and I always though that girls went nuts for that sort of thing.

I also wonder if some of her shyness is due to inexperience because she acts a lot like I acted a year ago. I think I'm just getting insecure, but I know she's busy with work and some stuff has been happening in her life which probably took her mind off me a bit.

2. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

I knew when we were sitting in a car after a date, waiting on a friend who had gone inside her house...I asked her strait up..."So are we official now?" and with the biggest smile I ever saw, she said "I hope so".

In other words, why dont you just ask her what she thinks? My guess is if you are too uncomfortable to ask her things as simple as where your relationship stands, then you shouldnt be considered a couple.

3. tamiyaDrifter

tamiyaDrifter Lurker

I feel I have left it too long to be asking this sort of thing. Seems as though I should have asked her way back on like the 3rd time we went out or something. We do do a lot of "coupley" things like for example, walking on some nature track "just because", then sitting on the beach and watching the waves and talking and shit like that.

Her birthday is coming up next Monday and I'm still not sure what to get her, but I'm thinking of jewellery of some sort, as it's her 21st birthday and stuff. I plan to take her out to dinner for her birthday as well. (she's planned her 21st birthday party or whatever, for early next year).

4. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

So you dont feel open enough to talk to her about something that simple after 3 months? What, do you fear she will laugh at you if you ask now? There is no problem clarifying things ever.

So you are going to buy her jewelery and take her out, but you don't know if you 2 are together? Now it sounds as if she has completely made you her bitch. Man up and have a serious conversation with her about your relationship...either that or move on, because it sounds like you are both playing games. Maybe she is waiting on YOU to clarify the status of your relationship...ya know, since you are the man and all...

5. mrs0323

mrs0323 New Member

3 months? 3 months? man you have been sitting on your hands too long here. why the wait? seems a little too platonic to me, more of a friends thing. you need to just ASK her. sheesh.

6. tsi90

tsi90 _____

Do girls just assume at some point that you are dating? I've had this problem a few times where a girl and I are hanging out a lot for a few weeks and they start to assume that we are dating. I can tell because start to get clingy. To me we are just cuddle buddies unless we have discussed otherwise.

7. Daddy O

Daddy O Active Member

Top Ten Reasons You Know When You Are Officially a "Couple":

10. She introduces you to her friends and you dont get an immediate hard on;

9. You introduce her to your firends and she doesn't ask you who the single guys are?

8. She introduces you to her father and he smiles and let's you into his house;

7. She introduces you to her Mother and you do not wonder what the Menage-a-trois would be like;

6. You like to go Shopping with her.......ugghhhh;

5. You can pee with the bathroom door wide open, with she in the next room;

4. You no longer feel uncomfortable farting in her presence;

3. You don't mind her seeing the Chinese Laudry marks in your underwear;

2. You are not embarrased to go into a store and buy Tampons for her;

And, the number one reason why you know you are a couple is:

1. She calls you and says "Honey, the rabbit died".

8. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

You are not officially a couple until you have discussed it and agreed not to see other people. Until then she is free to date whoever she wants, so you better tell her you want to be her bf soon. Never assume anything. And if you are afraid to talk to her about this then you probably shouldn't be with her. What will you do if a real problem comes up?

9. Eigervue

Eigervue New Member

intimate relations

10. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

just ask her. just dont be a pussy when you do.

"Are we official"

NOT

"um, gee, so i was just thinking about things, and i'm just not sure what is going on between thw 2 of us, because, ya know, like, are we together, and stuff?"

be a man.

11. RockChick

RockChick New Member

hey, that is not funny... that was a very sad event for me... still miss that little bundle of joy... and yes, i told him about it right away... :) :cool: :p

12. HoodRich

HoodRich Professional Street Nigga OT Supporter

if you cant even discuss the fact that you may or may not be in a relationship i would definetly say you are not in a relationship. Also, why would you think she would mention anything about anniversaries if you guys havent been together any # of years yet? you need an annual event to have an anniversary

13. tamiyaDrifter

tamiyaDrifter Lurker

I'm just thinking of doing this. I would fucking like to know, stuff was going heaps well a few weeks ago, then she got sick, and now she works like 50 hours a week and theres all this other stuff happening. I also need to know this stuff so I can decide whether I'm actually going to take her out somewhere for dinner for her birthday etc..

14. quid

im just saying, dont beat around the bush. ask her, "What are WE"

15. quid

ive dated a lot of girls that did one week anniversary then weekly ones till the first month then monthly ones till the first year. and the ocasional one that just counted everything in months. IE 18month anniversary....

i think thats what he was referring to

16. cAsio

cAsio New Member

Funny this topic was posted today. I have the same thing going on exept we screw like rabbits whenever we see each other but when were not together its like we talk only once or twice a week. I'm saying fuck it and am gonna ask the royal "WE" question tommorow.