SRS When age difference is reversed

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 2001GSR, Feb 26, 2005.

1. 2001GSR

2001GSR New Member

I know we all speak & hear about how guys are MUCH older and go after the younger woman. BUT, how about if the scenerio was reversed ????
    A typical 27yr old talks to and meets up with this beautiful 35yr old who by which also has 14yr son...

Would any one here feel there is something wrong with the picture or is it totally cool to be dating her?
    Would you feel uncomfortable any way from the age gap if he/her were introducing to other people??

Comments, suggestions anything welcome. :p

2. Laserbeak

Laserbeak Remember kids! Be like Billy! BEHAVE YOURSELVES!

The maturity and level of security/self-esteem that both sides have will determine if this relationship will succeed or fail.

If either of you are paranoid about what others will think, and are that self-conscious of your images, I'll tell you right now that it has a very low probability of working out.

Yes, it's considered by society at large (well, the older part of society) to be a "taboo" relationship, but on the bright side, you don't have to worry about catching as much flak as a same-sex relationship.

Just thought I'd offer my two cents, FWIW.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

This topic would be so much more difficult when it would say 17 year old guy with 28 year old woman with 8 year old child :noes:

I think it's different though, i mean the children need parents to grow up with, and if the 27 year old guy is mature enough, he would gladly get my vote to become the kids parent , that's preferable over having no parents at all i gues. I think it's less objectionable.

I remember this nightmare scenario though from Londen , where this 14 year old guy had an affair with a 32 year old female :noes: she ran off with the kid, well i can tell you that a LOT of people found that despicable, and i can't really support it too because on of the main key factors is adultness. A full grown brain, and the ability to take care of themselves and the kids.

4. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

I think the biggest problem would be with the 14 year old son. He will have issues about you getting close to his mom.

5. ~*Pogovina*~

~*Pogovina*~ Whip it! Whip it good!!

my best friend is engaged to a man 10 years her junior and they couldn't be happier. He needed someone on his intellectual and maturity level, he couldn't find that in women his age. For the same reason, I am married to a man 9 years my senior. I've found that i've never been happier, he truly balances my life.

Do what makes you happy, you are in charge of your destiny.

6. ~*Pogovina*~

~*Pogovina*~ Whip it! Whip it good!!

I agree. it's hard to have a child accept you when you are so much closer to their age than what they percieve as a "parental figure". Just try to let him know that you're not trying to take his dads place and that you're not there to take his mother away from him. Then back off and let him come to you. be his friend. that's all you really can do.

my oldest stepdaughter is 13 and I am 27. my hubby is 36. I understand this scenario perfectly. if you ever have any questions, feel free to contact me, it's likely I've gone through it already or am about to, lol.

7. lap49

lap49 New Member

I'm 25 and my gf is 31. We are very happy together and the age has no effect on our relationship. It's only a 6 year difference.

With the scenario you brought up, I would say that the only problem I would have is with the child.

8. teo

teo . => ? => !

i have friends who are pretty much exactly in that boat - he's 26 and she's 35. they dated for a while and are now engaged to be married. her daughter is about 15 and didn't much like him at first, but now she's ok with him from what I understand. In her words to him: "you're much better than the other losers my mother dated". lol.

i think she was pretty sensitive to the fact that the family of two was becoming a family of three, but once she realized that he really loved her mom and that he wasn't trying to take her mom away from her, she became accustomed to it.

other than that, i wouldn't have any problems with it. you two are consenting adults and it's nobody's business how old you are as long as the two of you are happy and the kid isn't being neglected.

9. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

Nothing wrong with it. I wouldn't have a problem dating someone up to about 35 (I'm 26). Hard to find them though. Women start to age very quickly after 30.

10. WhiskyDent

WhiskyDent Je l'ai fait tout pour le lols

I used to think it was no big deal and prided myself on dating 5+ years above my own age. It really backfired on me last time though. Now I've got an awesome girlfriend my own age.

On the other hand, my brother married a woman 11 years older than him, and they are a great couple and doing very well. So I guess it depends on the people involved.

11. 2001GSR

2001GSR New Member

Wow! thanks for all the wonderful posts you guys/girls :)
    This really helps me look at the BIG picture in perspective.
    Only thing now....I think this girl wants to meet friends only, so, how do i get the vibe she wants me for MORE?
    what kind of signs should i look for?

12. gixxerfast

gixxerfast Guest

I've been on both sides.

When I was 21, I lived with a really hot 42yr old lady for a little over a year. It was great, awesome sex, but I couldn't stay away from all of the other women. Oh yeah, she had 3 daughters, 2 of which lived with us and the other was at Auburn. 3 daughters = 14, 17 and 20.

Now, I'm 36 (37 on 10/1) and my g/f of 8mos just turned 20 a couple of weeks ago.

Age should not matter to two people that have a mutual attraction/interest and a desire to be together.

13. teo

teo . => ? => !

so meet her as a friend, and cultivate a friendship. the signs probably won't change much just because she's got a kid, or because she got older. if she's interested in you, she'll show it the way she always has. If you're making her age melt away with the way you relate to her, it won't matter anyway.