Wheel Wax on sale at Advance.

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by JRock10, May 25, 2008.

1. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

Hey guys, quick update, I saw Wheel Wax and Mother's Billet at Advance Auto Parts for 7.95 a jar. This was Sunday. Check it out!

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Not bad. Discount Tire sells it for $12 a jar.

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Wheel wax? Why even bother? The wheels are down there with the brake dust and the road grime and the salt and the sand. Any wax would get stripped off in days.

Anyway, my wheels have gloss-silver paint on them, and I use EBC Redstuff brake pads to reduce brake dust, so there's almost nothing to nastify them and a quick spray of 409 takes off whatever does stick. I didn't wash my car all winter and the wheels had only a very slight yellowish tinge to them come springtime. Cleaned them off in five minutes.

4. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

that's great. your opinion is valued. now, take that five minutes to clean your wheels and look around this forum. pretty much no one here is using (or admitting to it) 409 on wheels. most of us just use standard car wash soap, brushes, and elbow grease.

oh, and you'd really be surprised how long wheel wax or any other sealant will last on wheels. i don't know why you think brake dust, road grime, etc. would strip the wax, since the car's paint is subject to all the same elements, except perhaps extreme heat build-up. but on dark or metallic paints and a high UV index day, paint can get as hot as wheels.

i also noticed you've trolled about 5 threads here tonight. what'sa matter, jollyogre piss you off in the audio forum?

5. deusexaethera

1. Four threads; one of them was my thread.

2. Trolling is posting with the intent to aggravate people. If you're aggravated by my post, I'm sorry, that wasn't my intent, and thus it is your problem, not mine.

3. You may have noticed that most roads are made with oil. 409 is a degreaser, which makes is an excellent wheel cleaner, as long as the clearcoat is intact.

4. No other part of the car is closer to the road than the wheels, making them uniquely susceptible to road grime.

Next time, cut the shit and just post information.

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

409 is way too strong to use regularly on wheels. There is no reason to use anything other than regular car wash soap to clean regularly maintained wheels.

Wheel Wax holds up better than you think, especially if you aren't cleaning your wheels with harsh degreasers.

7. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Next time fuck off and feel free to not let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. This is not the main forum. Our little world here is pretty tightly nit so do not come in our yard barking or you're going to get bit.

Wheels are the easiest thing that there are to take care of if you know what you are doing. Clean them and then seal them. I never use a rim cleaner because mine are sealed with Optiseal or Zaino Clear Seal (which ever I happen to grab) and I also apply it each time I wash the car. Is it needed each time? No probably not but its what I want to do.

Keep on using that 409 there buddy, we will be waiting on your "My clear coat is failing and my rims are all pitted what should I do now thread."

Cheers!

:fawk::fawk::fawk::fawk::fawk::fawk:

8. deusexaethera

I like how you're the one doing the flaming and you're also the one telling me not to be an ass. As for the intellectual inbreeding, I could care less. I came here to talk about wheel wax, not about how this forum is your digital security blanket.

Anyway, I wash my car once a month or less often, so it'll be a long time before the clearcoat fails on my rims. The car might need washing more often, but the wheels don't, because unlike most schmucks who have nice wheels, I bothered to do research on how to keep them from getting dirty in the first place. To that end, I recommend EBC Redstuff brake pads to anyone looking to avoid all the nasty black shit that stock pads leave behind.

9. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Heh, havent done this in a long time. IL+1.

10. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

that will cause failure faster than you think. even minimal brake dust will cause damage when not cleaned on a regular basis.