A&P WHCC albums Review V.cheapbridesweddingalbum

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by jared_IRL, Jan 29, 2010.

1. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

So I just got my first set of albums back from WHCC. Figured i'd give a review...

First, my choices... WHCC offers a binding I haven't seen anywhere else... Hinged pages... Kind of a hybrid between a flush mount and regular book binding... It's essentially seperate pages tied together by a flexible section of fabric or plastic, so the pages lay flat. However, they are separate pages, so full 2 page bleeds don't work like they would with say KISS albums...

So I chose this, with a 10x10 and 12x12 books, on their regular paper (they also offer a pearl paper, which might be really nice, if it's like their pearl prints...)

My clients chose the black leather cover, but they do offer a couple of different choices of cover materials. Black leather would have been my last choice, I would have chosen the laminated metallic photo cover, but it's their money...

The good things...

The hinged pages. This > regular binding. For a budget album, this gets HIGH marks for awesomeness.

The consistency. Both books are identical. IDENTICAL. There is no margin, no color or no crop that differs between the two. It's crazy.

The price. The finished, shipped price of a 21 side 12x12 book with hinged pages and a black leather cover... Well, I can't say because the whole idea of professional companies is keeping this stuff between pro's, but the pricing is great. Definitely allows you to keep the price for your clients lower, and will definitely get you some referrals...

The turnaround. HOLY CRAP. I placed the order on Monday. Books got here today. 2 days in the shop, free 2 day shipping. I LOVE WHCC.

The not so good things...

The black leather cover. It's meh. I mean it's good for what it is, but I would have went another direction. This could just as well be a journal, a date book, or a calendar. It doesn't scream "i'm an awesome wedding album!!!" by any means...

it's press printed. Not as clear or sharp as inkjet or their typical lightjet printing. It looks like a photo book. If you look close enough, you can see the printing dots. But, it looks like a photo book. So it's not really that bad...

Overall - I'll definitely use them again for anyone who doesn't want the KISS album. I'm very, very happy.

ok! onto the pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ProjektPhoto

ProjektPhoto New Member

Thanks for posting this, I have been meaning to order a book from them as I was not to impressed with Mpix's books. I really like the "flat pages".

I understand I am a complete noob to OT but everyones gotta start sometime.

3. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

I got a new one, I'll have to post pics. The paper choices and cover selections make a HUGE difference.

4. ProjektPhoto

ProjektPhoto New Member

Im interested to see them.

Im also Pm'ing very soon you about some gallery prints.

5. EWhytsell

EWhytsell New Member

I got one of their albums a few weeks ago. My only complaint is that I wish they had more size choices than just 8x8.

Its printed on their "Art Water Color" paper which gives the pages a very rough texture. Kinda neat, but I suspect its a love it or hate it thing.

I'm ordering a 12x12 photobook when ever I get it finished. Its a collection of pics from my daughters first year of life so hard to get it done when paying customers come first.