GUN what's your take on

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by bulzeye, Aug 5, 2005.

1. bulzeye

bulzeye Meatatarian

Tikka Rifles? I'm looking at either getting a syn. stainless Tikka or a syn. Stainless remington. My buddy has a tikka and loves it. just looking for other peoples opinions.

its a .270 wsm

i'll probably put a
    cabela's alaskan guide 3.5-10x50 30 mm tube
    nikon monarch UCC 3-9x40
    Leupold VX-II 3.9x40

I have a Leupold LPS on my .300 ultra mag and love it. gonna be tough to beat that scope in my opinion. I think the monarch is better than the vx-II's but i've heard some pretty good reviews about the alaskan guide series scopes.

What would you guys go with? is there a different scope i should look at in the 250-300 price range? Mabye find a used vari-X III?

2. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

Tikkas are one of the better bolt action rifles out now. They had problems with bad metallurgy and barrels blowing up on the stainless models but every affect gun has been accounted for and removed from the market; I wouldnt hesitate to buy one (infact I almost did but didnt care for the LH models at the time). All of the scopes you've listed are good but you're right, the monarch is better than the other two.

3. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

I've got one chambered in 7mm Mag. Nice rifle, good finish. The action is smooth and the trigger crisp. I would NOT hesitate to purchase another in the future.