WEB What's your policy on moderating?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Tony Stark, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Tony Stark

Tony Stark John McCain has an illegitimate mexican baby

Do you let your users run wild, throw insults at you, calling you a god forsake piece of shit profitting of other people's misfortunes etc. Or do you approve every comment automatically, and let your loyal users have your back and flag the other comments?

2. Deviance

Deviance Can't you smell that smell? OT Supporter

On my forums I tend to let them do their own things. Illegal activities are deleted with reminders. Personal attacks aren't allowed (maybe in the ooc forums like politics / religion).

I have 40,000+ members on two of the forums but to be honest, 99.9% of my moderation is deleting spammers.

On blogs and stuff, i approve everything automagically. Again, mostl moderation has to do with spammers.

3. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

My board is loosely moderated, the two I run for local orgs are moderated like a 'normal' (non-OT) board.

4. Divine Vengeance

Divine Vengeance New Member

blog/non-registered user comments I keep moderated with a blunt instrument, any post that requires more than a second thought as to its appropriateness gets deleted.

forums I like to keep moderation much more precise and unobtrusive. As long as its not blatantly illegal or causing a disruption to users I'll normally let it go, but repeat offenders are banned without mercy. I find that you can't really dictate terms to a community that you want to thrive, rather you let them sort shit out for themselves and prune the idiots.

5. Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens Making Cancer My Bitch OT Supporter

Delete spam, that's it. Everyone can HTFU if they can't take it. Then again, it's a small hidden forums for 40 friends :rofl:

I have no idea what it's like to run a big forum or big site with comments :dunno:

6. karp2381

karp2381 New Member

can you guys pm me links to your boards? thanks!

7. DMClark

DMClark Active Member

Hands off as much as possible, but have some basic lines in the sand you don't cross.

8. drpepper

drpepper Active Member

main rule on mine is dont be a faggot and dont post stolen work.