Whats your opinion about your SO scamming guys for drinks?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by antihero, Feb 7, 2009.

1. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

So I whats everyone think about women in relationships actively pursuing free drinks from guys? what about just accepting a drink offered?

I really dont like it. Its an unfair thing to do to the guy to lead him on and take his money and it just doesn't reflect well on the girl that she would take advantage of someone like that. In addition I feel that it is disrespectful because as well as the alcohol girls enjoy the attention and ego boost that is inevitable when some poor sap waste $50 on her bar tab.

The girls try to tell me "not all guys are like you and are so concerned with sex" I say fuck that. Whatever the guy is after, sex, love, just someone to talk to, its dishonest to use him for drinks no matter what hes after and no matter what rationalizations you make, if you were to tell the guy flat out "I don't like you and you have no chance whatsoever, but ill stand here and let you waste your night as long as the free drinks keep comming"

The other side of this is that in the party phase of life, a girls bartab can be a significant dent in her budget. If you go out frequently, a $250+ weekly bartab is really not that hard to rack up. If you are dating a girl and you don't want to pay for all her drinks, can you really tell he that you expect her to stop going out as much give up necesities to afford to drink even thought there are plenty of stupid guys to pay for it for them?

Lets just get this out of the way. In this thread ONLY talk about people who like going out and drinking and eating and wasting lots of money partying. If you wouldn't date a partier this thread simply doesnt apply to you. I would never date someone who didn't like to party.

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

eh, I don't like it. But I can't say it's 100% the fault of the women...just as there are women who will try to get as many free drinks as possible, there are guys who will consistently buy them drinks.

so yeah, the girl is kind of low for doing it, but the guy who buys her that drink is just as low for allowing it to happen.

3. MissBangBang

MissBangBang New Member

I never let anyone really buy me drinks, i always turn them down. specially if i dont know them. If i do except, i always buy them one in return.

Some guys dont get the hint though...So i dont think its all our faults. I've said "No" many times and they guy continues to keep pursuing to buy it. I think its a ego thing lol

I just cant stand the girls who expect it, and go to the bar with no one trying to get free drinks. One girl i went with picked out guys went up to them, talked for 2 mins. and was conning them into getting her drinks, then ended up making out with one fo them to get more drinks--which the kid was 18 ( dont know how he got into the bar anyway) I told her how old he was, once i found out and her reply was, " eh, who cares he's getting me drinks" From what i remember she kept annoucning she " needed to be fucked" all night. At that point i left her ass at the bar hahah Whore.

4. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

When I used to go out and a guy would come up and ask me if he could buy me a drink I would tell him I had a boyfriend and I wasn't interested. Most guys usually see this as a challenge though and go "That's okay, it's just a drink"

A woman should never accept something that has strings attached, assumed or otherwise

5. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

i believe it's equally unfair to offer unsolicited services in exchange for attention of any sort, especially sexual attention. what do those guys expect?

6. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

Ummm, asking for a drink is hardly the same as whipping your cock out in the bar and asking someone to suck it. It's a pretty standard kind of icebreaker. And buys you 10 minutes to sell yourself.

7. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

huh? okay, but i don't think that anyone should feel scammed if someone accepts a drink but rejects them personally.

8. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I think it's very wrong for a woman in a relationship to actively seek out a guy to buy her a drink. I do not see how it's her fault though if some dude who hasn't even talked to her buys her a drink and she drinks it.

10. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

I don't let guys buy me drinks. They have tried in the past and I always refuse. I feel as though if they buy my a drink, I owe them something, and don't even want to be put in any type of situation I don't like.

11. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

if roles were reversed and my dude accepted a drink from chick, more power to him...save his money

if he actively pursued it or made it a hobby, eh not so much

12. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

:bowrofl:

i'm dying over here

:bowrofl:

13. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

more often then not guys don't just show up drink in hand and say drink this. At the very least he has to say "hey what are you drinking" . You could then say "no thanks"

14. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

exactly what I said. :rofl: Sure right, these guys just like throwing money at women because they are chivalrous :rofl:

15. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

If you never had a chance to begin with, then its a scam.

16. Ideotique

I don't think anyone does. But who just accepts a random drink off someone? We do tend to ask first. And you can just say no.

I'd hardly classify it as a sexual advance though. I've had a few gay guys offer to buy me a drink and it's just a matter of no thanks and on you go.

17. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

why don't you just take the drink then? exactly.

18. Ideotique

It's a lead in to a sexual advance though. Agreed on that. Just a great toe in the water thing to test the situation out. You say yes and I'm going to try and nail you by the end of the night. You say no and I'm going to try elsewhere

So maybe you are actually right after all :rofl:

19. kristaliah

kristaliah New Member

this.

Girls that go to clubs scamming guys for drinks always seem like they just want attention in my opinion. :dunno: If a guy sends a drink over, awesome, I'll drink it. But I'm not going to go flirt and disrespect myself AND my partner for a cheap beer.

20. lauren

lauren Active Member

actively should be a no no, relationship or not

in a relationship, passively 9 times out of ten she should decline too. there are times however where it would be appropriate.

21. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

You're all nuts. A fool and his money are soon parted. This situation is no different.

Start taking advantage of it, send your girlfriends out near the bar to come back with free booze from dumb guys (for you). Win/Win = No problem

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  22. skych

skych New Member

:mamoru: did this once while out with a buddy, ended up getting both of us a free drink, seems real scumbagish tho :dunno:

23. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Not reaslly what I was referring to. I've been sitting at the bar before a few times actually and had the bartender come over, make me a drink and say "this is from that guy *points*" My bf just laughs and thinks it's cool :dunno:

Why the fuck would I not drink a free drink? Because that dude with bad social skills just wasted his money on me? I don't think so....

24. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

i have accepted drinks before, whether or not i was interested in the guy. :dunno: he offered, i accepted.

i have also struck up random bar chat with some dude about the slow bartenders, and told him he and i should get a shot because it'll make us feel better. :mamoru: ... it should be noted, that i paid. it should also be noted that i wasn't remotely interested in the man, but i do understand the gender differences here. ;)

i don't think i would accept a drink from some guy at a bar if i was in a relationship. the scenario's never happened, so i'm not exactly sure how i'd decline.

moving on to the next issue...

why are you expected to pay for all of your girl's drinks in the first place? if she's drinking too much, i see a few issues here: 1) she's borderline alcoholic - if it makes her feel good to get trashed all the time 2) she's not getting trashed but drinks like a fish every time you go out - even more of a flag that she has a drinking problem, imo 3) if i were a guy and my gf constantly cost me 234092340 dollars while out on a date, i'd be turned off. i'd feel as though i was being used for my money.

i see a few solutions here: 1) tell her that your money doesn't grow on trees, and you're willing to pay for 3 drinks a night max 2a) after max drink allottment has been attained, she can pay for her own or 2b) she can stop drinking.

:dunno: if accepting drinks from other men while in a relationship with you is a dealbreaker, she'll stop. if she argues with you about this, i feel you have another issue on your hand; her insecurity.

25. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

I wouldn't mind as long as she wasn't trying to get them to do that.
    If I was your bf I would have cheers'd the guy and taken a drink. :rofl: